• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 68jays

Alpine V original rear end specs?

Does anybody know what the original alpine v rear end specs are? Is it an 8inch or 9?
  2. 68jays

Changing rear diff gear.

I have a '66 Alpine with a 302. Does anyone input on changing my rear gear in the diff to accommodate a c4 ford transmission? It seems like the revs are too high and I would like a highway gear. Thanks
  3. 68jays

Sunbeam Rootes 302 Badges?

Does anyone know if and where I could get some Sunbeam Rootes 302 badges?
  4. 68jays

Sunbeam Alpine Parts

Hi there, we have a few parts leftover from our v8 conversion. Engine mounts Oil cooler & lines Rear steering rod with nylon bushings Open to offers as a package deal. Thanks :)
  5. 68jays

Alpine 1725 - Tranny, Carbs, Starter & Clutch w/ Plate

Hey guys, just thought I would let everyone know I have some parts from my 1966 alpine up for sale on ebay! :) You can view all the parts I have up for sale at the moment. http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/buggyglint
  6. 68jays

1966 Sunbeam Alpine - 1725 Engine

Hey guys, I have listed our engine on eBay for sale if anyone is interested. I have other parts for sale that I haven't posted yet. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250699480085&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1182
  7. 68jays

Running on two cylinders?

Hi, We are having a bit of a problem with our 1725, the engine runs really rough. When the engine is running, we are able to take off the 3rd and 4th spark plug wires and the car still runs... My father and I haven't a clue what to do. :confused:
  8. 68jays

Firing Order

My father and I were wondering if anyone knows the firing order for a '66 alpine. If anyone has photos that would be great too.
  9. 68jays

Distributer Rebuild / Mikuni Carbs

I'm looking for parts to rebuild the distributer on my '66 alpine 1725. I'm also looking for HSR Mikuni carbs, can anyone come up with some ideas? Thanks
  10. 68jays

Clutch Master Cylinder

I'm looking for a clutch master cylinder for my '66 Alpine. Does anyone know where I can find one? I heard that the MGB has an almost identical master clutch cylinder. Also, what side should the slave cylinder be put in? Thanks!
  11. 68jays

'66 Alpine - Coil Springs Question

We have a '66 Alpine 1725 motor. I would like to change the front coil springs, does anybody know which other coil springs would fit this model? And where could I buy them? Thanks in advance.
  12. 68jays

Center steering rod

Hi, I'm fairly new to this site and I own a 1966 Sunbeam Alpine. I need to replace the bushings on the center steering rod, has anybody bought from this guy in Holland? Is he a reliable guy?