• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. hillmanhuskyguy

Cleanest 'original paint' 1960 Husky on eBay.

1960 Hillman | eBay Way cleaner than mine, but mine's quicker. Cris in Colorado
  2. hillmanhuskyguy

Source for 'limited slip' ring and pinions (new).??

Howdy from Colorado. Anyone have a source for replacement ring & pinions.? I've got the wrong rear end gearing currently in my Lotus powered Hillman Husky. Current rear is out of a Hillman Minx. Having a hard time on 1st gear starts. Gotta slide the clutch quite a bit with lots of revs...
  3. hillmanhuskyguy

Series I or II rear end wanted.

Looking for a complete rear Axel from a Alpine S-I or II with a over drive rear end ratio. Wheel stud to wheel stud preferred. I'm told it's a bolt in for my Husky. Mine's got a super tall feeling Minx rear that's making it hard to take off from a stop with the twin cam. I'd love to know if I...
  4. hillmanhuskyguy

Ford Smallblock goodies, and an ATL cell.

Howdy, have the following ford bits. Long term unemployment(14 months!) forces sale. All are new in box, (no box on cell, but still new!) all have been sitting for about 5 years in the Forvo, waiting on installation. I'll pay 50% on shipping.. EDELBROCK TORKER II, # 5021. $225.oo $271.40 @...
  5. hillmanhuskyguy

Kirkey race seats & Weber DCOE 45's for sale.

I've owned both of these things too long. the Kirkey's have never been drilled on or installed, come with the pleather/naughi' covers. Thru Jeg's they'd be right below 400ish seats;, 2 @ 127.40 covers; 2 @ 71.89 Both for 300.oo plus shipping from 80513. The webers are old Italian's. Missing...
  6. hillmanhuskyguy

Alloy double 40 DCOE manifold for sale.

I bought this back in 2013 with plans on using it. Well, you know how plans can change. It's a "Rootes Holbay twin Weber 40's inlet manifold, good used condition. As fitted to Hillman Hunter GLS 1725 engine". This is all I know about it, I never bolted it on to my iron headed 1725 in my...
  7. hillmanhuskyguy

Single DCOE manifold for sale.

This is one of the 'batch' made by someone on this site a few years ago, might have been Bill Atalla, I've got very few brain cells holding hands these days. Never installed. I've 'gone a different way' engine wise, so this isn't needed. As I bought it years ago I don't remember what I...
  8. hillmanhuskyguy

Please help identify this aluminum cylinder head.

Casting number under the center of the rocker arm is 1980813, beneath that is 2J66, beneath that is AM. Bought it years ago, would like to know what it fits. Thanks, Cris
  9. hillmanhuskyguy

Front spindle question, Alpine vs. Tiger vs. Minx.

Howdy, sorry for the horrendous title & the confusion but I'm hip deep in Dilemma-ville, which is right next to Big Problems City. My '60 Husky is running '65 Hillman Minx front suspension & it's disc brakes. I'd been working with a company in England, 'BCC' (British Made Classic Car Parts) to...
  10. hillmanhuskyguy

Thinking out loud (kind of), Tiger fender vents.

Howdy, anyone have a spare pair, preferably crusty that they can see getting rid of.? Don't worry, not making an Alger, would be going on the sides of my Lusky Hotus, err Husky, Lotus (powered). Cheers, Cris
  11. hillmanhuskyguy

Panhard bar. Who's got one, how'd you do that.?

Think the title says it all. At low speed cornering I get a rub on one side, Pretty sure my bushings are toast as well as the shocks. Working on buying a set of the conversion bits to go to tube shocks, will find out who sells bushings but think locating the rear better would also help...
  12. hillmanhuskyguy

So I've got this Lotus dry sumped twincam laying around....

After about a year in storage we got the Hillman Husky (1960) running 'ok'. Took it to a local shop in Northern Colorado to sort out a few things that I couldn't get squared away, a nice bunch of folks. When I picked it up they showed me the slop between the crank pulley and the nose of the...
  13. hillmanhuskyguy

Decent yet crappy hubcaps wanted.

Shiny's not a requirement as they would not match my car's natural (rusty) 'patina'. Few dings per cap is okeydokey too. Yes, I do have low standards~ Looking for a set of four. My steel wheels (unknown origin) have four lugs & three nipples/nubs the h-caps would go over. Any help...
  14. hillmanhuskyguy

remote solenoid question (why I suck at fixing stuff).?

Title should really read "why do I suck at fixing stuff" My Minx powered Husky never needed a key to start, just turn the switch & pull the cable to engage the starter solenoid... No keys for the doors either. Found a new switch (with keys) at about the same time the starter solenoid...
  15. hillmanhuskyguy

Need 2 thirteen inch steel wheels

Color's not important. Shipping would be to 80301 (Boulder Colorado). Cheers, Cris
  16. hillmanhuskyguy

Tranny Tunnel sheet metal....

Howdy, need the top six inches of a tranny tunnel, from near the firewall to the backmost area near the gearshift hole. Name your price, shipping would be to 80301.
  17. hillmanhuskyguy

Colorado Conclave car & bike show this past Sunday.

Don't know if anyone here participated but Alpine's (& the tigers) were very well represented as a group. Very nice showing and a very nice 'weather day' too. Had the Husky in the Rootes group section next to a couple Imps. Cheers, Cris
  18. hillmanhuskyguy

Remote Starter Solenoid, pull cable to engage.

Do Sunbeams use these.? Mine in the Husky is packing up on me, I'm getting a 3+ volt drop across it, so it won't turn the starter motor. So besides rewiring with a push button starter, anyone know of a source for this cool piece of Hillman.? Cheers, Cris
  19. hillmanhuskyguy

Silly one. Why are 'one sides' lights brighter than the other.?

I find this wierd.! On the left hand side, the headlights & tail lights are much dimmer than the right side.? More corrosion on one side leading to this.? Any one else had this before.? Cheers, Cris
  20. hillmanhuskyguy

Need help troubleshooting a no crank condition.

I thought I had a bum starter so I replaced but I still can't get it to crank. I assumed the starter was toast when the wife saw the headlights dim when the starter solenoid activating arm was pulled (which lead me to believe I was getting juice to the starter). Guess she was wrong. Where...