• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. L

Series 1, with OD, and hard top

Due to personal and financial reasons I have to part with Abby. She's a series 1 with a series 2 engine. Engine completely rebuilt, crank shaft built up and turned. All work profesionally done. New everything mechanically. Has the much desired 4 speed with OD!. New brake booster, new motor...
  2. L

S II oil pump

looking for a series 2 oil pump
  3. L

I have bits and pieces for free to those in need

I bought a parts engine and the guy gave me a few boxes of bits and pieces for the taking. My understanding is all the pieces came off a series 5 he redid for a customer. I have a series 2 so I'm not sure if any of this will fit mine or not. I've gone through and held onto what I think I might...
  4. L

original work shop manual series 1 or 2

Does anyone know where to get or have for sale an origianl Rootes workshop manual and or parts book for the series 1 or 2?
  5. L

LA (Lower Alabama) anyone else here?

I'm in a british car club of southern AL but would like to get a Sunbeam group going. Any one out there from the mobile, daphne, gulf shores area?
  6. L

hard top on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-67-Rootes-Sunbeam-Alpine-Convertible-Coupe-Drift_W0QQitemZ160371147450QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item2556dd82ba Anyone know this car?
  7. L

66 Sunbeam on autotraderclassics

Found this today on auto trader classics. http://www.autotraderclassics.com/find/vehicle/vehicleDetail.xhtml?adId=130730&conversationId=128466
  8. L

original license plate

My car came with the original CA black license plate. Does anyone know if these can be used in any other state-such as Alabama? I was told they could but I can't find any info on how.
  9. L

nice one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-Sunbeam-Alpine_W0QQitemZ190301531328QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item190301531328&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318
  10. L

anyone getting rid of a 4 banger

Looks like my 4 banger might be seriously in need of replacement. I thought maybe one of you "modifiers" might be pulling a good 4 banger out that I might be able to use in my series 1. I dont' know what engine would be best to replace with but I would like to keep it a 4 cyl for ease of...
  11. L

Caroline's Project-series 1

Hello, sorry for all the switching of forums. To get up to speed go to the chit chat area. I'm new from Alabama. Trying to get a series 1 running. I have lots of ambition to get this great car running. I'm counting on this group to help me out with the knowledge. My solenoid is clicking but...
  12. L

Caroline's Project

Hello again, I thought it best to move this from the chit chat forum to the actual car forum. I've attached another pic of the solenoid. The orange arrows point to what I referred to as the brown lamp cord wire. The red arrow shows one of the brown wires broken. The car is currently...
  13. L

New member in Alabama in need of lot of help

Hello! I'm new to the SAOCA. Just got my first Alpine, thought it was a 61 series 2 but the numbers say it's series 1. My car needs lots of engine work I'm afraid and I'll be looking to you guys for as much info as you'll give me. I don't know much about these cars, I saw one years ago at a...