• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. jfcroni

SV popping out of Third Gear

Thanks all - I'll be tearing into this soon.
  2. jfcroni

SV popping out of Third Gear

Doubt there's an easy answer for my 1966 SV popping third. Probably a syncro????
  3. jfcroni

Seat Foam

Here are some pics from when I did mine.
  4. jfcroni

Christmas Present for Alpine Owner

Not much driving in the winter around here. Once they drop salt on the streets, it's kinda over until spring - for me. Good old Chicago weather.
  5. jfcroni

Very cool!
  6. jfcroni

Already have all but rally Lights. Thanks!
  7. jfcroni

That would be nice...
  8. jfcroni

Awesome, love to see it!
  9. jfcroni

That's a good one|! Thanks!
  10. jfcroni

Anyone have any ideas for Xmas gifts for a Sunbeam Alpine owner? Already have coffee cups, round placard for garage art, and shirts...
  11. jfcroni

Switch Position

I converted mine from metric to Down is Off. Works better for me. :)
  12. jfcroni

Walnut dash in series 2

I used a nice oak veneer. I pulled the dash and used contact cement to bond the veneer to the plastic, then I used a two-part clear to seal and make look pretty.
  13. jfcroni

Steering Wheel Finish

I sanded mine and shot it with gloss engine black. It looked fine and held up. I later put a leatherskin on the wheel. It looks and feels better than the painted wheel IMHO.
  14. jfcroni

Sad 61

I fell for one of those too. I drove to Milwaukee to look at a minimal rust 1966 SV. OMG.... it was less than a parts car. I politely said I wasn't interested... the guy called me 10 minutes after I left... and cut the asking from $1000 to $500. I declined.... he called again and asked if I...
  15. jfcroni

Front g-box seal

As said above... but when replacing, be sure not to push the seal in too far. It will go in another 1/4". Keep flush.
  16. jfcroni

Transmission Rebuild

I sent him your info. He'll likely call you soon.
  17. jfcroni

Transmission Rebuild

I know a guy in Minnesota that works on them. Let me know if you want his info.
  18. jfcroni

New Series V Seats

Yes, I ordered the kit with new foam and rubber webbing (below foam). Do one seat at a time to be sure you have a reference of how things go back together.
  19. jfcroni

New Series V Seats

I did mine myself with SS kit. I also have an upholstery sewing machine for other touches.