• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. afssanders

Project Sunbeam For Sale

61 Sunbeam Alpine for sale. There is quite literally to many things to list about this car. Plus I can't remember all of them. Usually walking around the car and looking at all the one of a kind hand built parts helps to jog my memory, that and the thousands of photos and 100s of hours of...
  2. afssanders

Project Sunbeam Update

It's been awhile since I posted, so I thought I'd give you guys a heads up. I probably won't be making it to the reunion unless a small fortune lands in my pocket. I got about 500 miles on my car. I was tuning and driving it. It goes down the road like a new car. Nice and tight, in fact, a...
  3. afssanders

Project Sunbeam MMXI

Here's a link to a short video and a few images of my latest progress. http://gallery.me.com/mnwheelers/100645 http://gallery.me.com/mnwheelers/100660 Feel free to check out the other images and videos on my site.
  4. afssanders

Project Sunbeam round 3

Evening boys. Its been awhile and yes for those of you that have been asking. I have started on my car again. It was a nice break I had and I'm in the best shape of my life. I've spent a great deal of time with the family this summer too, but it's was time to cut back on the exercise to ever...
  5. afssanders

This isn't your Dad's green

I finally painted it. Try not to judge too much I still need to wet sand and polish it. http://gallery.me.com/mnwheelers#100480
  6. afssanders

shocks

What do you racers think about the stock shocks in the Alpine? Should I be replacing them?
  7. afssanders

ID plate on cowl

I know one of you guys knows the answer to this question. Neither of my Alpines had these plates on the cowl. There are four screws or rivets that hold it down. It probably says some thing about options the car came with. Do any of you guys have a picture of yours. I was thinking about making...
  8. afssanders

Project Sunbeam 3/18/09

I finished the mud work about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I sealed it in Valspar's VP-50 series epoxy primer. It was laid down over the bare metal and mud work. I also sprayed and blocked out the Evercoat's SlickSand I put on. The VP-50 was blocked with 80 grit. The SlickSand was blocked with 120. I...
  9. afssanders

Mud work and all that goes along with it.

I've had some requests for some tips, so I made some vids. I'll be getting into the mud work in more detail in the future. I just got a bug up my ass to do some serious spreading today. I'm asking for some feedback here. Do you guys need these videos in more or less detail? I can record in...
  10. afssanders

Project Sunbeam 2-1

This was a major project, so I made a short video to help people understand the work involved. Plus you can hear and see stuff work. There are also images from the last 3 days posted on the 3rd link down. As usual go to the last page for the most up to date images For anyone new to my...
  11. afssanders

Project Sunbeam 1-19

I figure I best start a new thread. I have a hard time keeping track of questions. I'm going to start subscribing now. Today I worked on the three panels that hide the convertible top mechanism. It went pretty good. They didn't fit so good, so I had to cut them up a bit. I also ended up adding...
  12. afssanders

Project Sunbeam

I've had a request to post updated images of my project. For those of you that have had a look already. The most recent images are at the end of the second link below. Recent work consists of a windshield. Which leads to quite a bit more then meets the eye. You'll see what it takes to get a 88...
  13. afssanders

What year Sunbeam do I own?

I posted this in another spot on here, but I'm afraid some of you that might know the answer wont see it, so here's my deal. I bought the one I modified from a junkyard in AZ. I have a title that some title agent do down there made, but the guy that wrote the title didn't know much about...
  14. afssanders

Images of 17" wheels on a Sunbeam

I got my wheels today. I have been waiting for these for sometime now. I can't afford the high end customs wheels this year with all that's going on in my life, so these little tuner wheels will have to do for the summer. The rims are Buddy II. I had to have the front custom drilled. I was...
  15. afssanders

Turbo Charged 2.0L Zetec in a Sunbeam Alpine

I recently found this website while looking for some hard to find objects for my Sunbeam. I'm looking for the plastic bezels that go around the switches on the dash. There are 3 of them and I have two, but am always looking for cleaner ones. I just thought I might share my project with all of...