• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. mackzknife

Series 3 parts needed

I am in search of a grill and eyebrow trim. Also in search of the carb intake, I believe it is called a bat wing
  2. mackzknife

S2 Parts for sale

Looking for parts Hello I would be interested in the grill and the bat wing if you have one. I am also in Victoria David
  3. mackzknife

"This is a original car"

Not a spoiler That isn't a spoiler it is a Rootes option luggage rack, I have one for my 66. The camera angle is what is making it look like a spoiler.
  4. mackzknife

clutch wont bleed

This may sound obvious Check that the slave is on the right side of the bracket, we made that mistake when we rebuilt mine two weeks ago.
  5. mackzknife

looking for pictures

Hi all I am looking for pictures which show exhaust and underside of V6 modified Alpines so we can plan out some of the work on my project car. Anyone able to help?
  6. mackzknife

2.8 turbo capri

I remember the 2.8i Capris from when I lived in the UK. They were a "boy racer" car for sure.
  7. mackzknife

Progress on my Alpine project

Thanks Tom I am a ways away from putting a replacement top on but am very glad of the tip.
  8. mackzknife

This will cheer us up

I need to get some of the to round up my young sailors some days!
  9. mackzknife

Progress on my Alpine project

Yipee progress Well the Alpine Project has been slow going of late but yesterday some great progress! A friend of mine found and grabbed for me an engine yesterday. It is from a 1977 Mustang (2.8V6) which has only 240,00 km on it and has new starter, water and fuel pumps. I won't have then...
  10. mackzknife

It flys

I always quite liked the Vulcan, had one hanging from my ceiling when I was a young Air Training Corps cadet. The Vulcans (with help from Victor tankers) completed the longest bombing runs ever during Operation Black Buck. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Black_Buck
  11. mackzknife

Amazing backyard project

Genius His site is at http://www.theforgottentechnology.com hmm now how to apply these to make working on my Alpine solo easier.
  12. mackzknife

Lordy Lordy, I forgot It's to Laugh - June

It's the new Cuban hybrid ... gets 35 miles/cervesa :p
  13. mackzknife

It's unhealthy being a Continental pilot

It's promotion hungry co-pilots who want the left seat snuffing them.
  14. mackzknife

Did you see this from Amtrac?

Yeah they charge me an extra $15 for paperwork for shipping to Canada.
  15. mackzknife

The story of BNR 20B

That is absolutely stunning!
  16. mackzknife

Did you see this from Amtrac?

I liked it so much I ordered one. Should go nicely with my framed 1966 Alpine Brochure. And yes, let's extend the artist an invite!
  17. mackzknife

I hope I'm not being rude...

I am 38. I noticed at the Old English Car Club show this weekend that most of the members are past retirement age. Makes me wonder if the Old English part refers to the owners or the cars :D . Most of them were Brit ex-pats, but there are a lot of them here in Victoria.
  18. mackzknife

Motion to remove "Politics / Religion / Rants / Manifestos"

I also think this should be turfed, it has nothing at all to do with why I read this forum. That and flame wars there tend to create animosity that carries on into other threads.
  19. mackzknife

This isn't your Dad's green

Wild choice of colour! I like it
  20. mackzknife

V6 Conversion A/C and heater

I remember seeing a car with a Vintage Air system some time ago, not sure if it was on here though. They had a custom console that held the controls and vents.