• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Ron67Alpine

Back-up light switch

I must be getting senile or blind. I had no problem finding where the back-up light wires plugged into the trans switch, when I rewired my SV. I remember them still being hooked up, when I removed the trans, for my engine rebuild. Now, for the life of me, I cannot find where the wires plug in...
  2. Ron67Alpine

Overhauling (Velocity channel) Tiger

Not sure if this has been posted yet but Overhaulin' is doing a Tiger build. November 4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI3RyK3Oj2s&feature=youtu.be
  3. Ron67Alpine

Tiger on TV

Am I the only one that caught the new "Counting Cars" show the other day? There was a guy w/a 67 Tiger, Danny wanted to buy. He seemed pretty hot for it. Is the owner 1 of our members? Ron
  4. Ron67Alpine

Are there Win8 problems w/board?

I'm not sure if this will work. I've been having problems posting to the forum. Everytime I try to post, I get a "message is too short" error. I know this happens at home on my Win8 computer, but trying it now on work computer. Thanks Ron OK, it did work, so problem is with my home computer...
  5. Ron67Alpine

What does Dhimmitude mean?

What does this word mean? Dhimmitude The word "Dhimmitude" is found in the new health care bill; so what does itmean? Thought this was interesting and worth passing on. Obama used it in the health care bill. Now isn't this interesting? It is also included in the health care law...
  6. Ron67Alpine

E. Brake lever repair?

I was at a car show the other day. Just as I was getting ready to leave, I had to get out of the car. I thought I felt a slight tug on my pants, when I got out, but didn't think anything of it. When I got home I discovered I had no button on my brake lever. Further examination revealed that...
  7. Ron67Alpine

TV Alpine spotted?

American Pickers, episode "Driving Miss Danni". Old guy (Gene) w/steam engines, sitting on what looks like red Alpine. Thought I saw a green one when the guys were walking up his road, also.
  8. Ron67Alpine

May 12th Frederick Celtic Festival

Pete Groh of britishcarkeys dot com, who has an Austin 2000, asked me to post this. Open to all British marques! No age limitation! Car Show: Free registration! Free parking and free admittance to spectators! One free Adult Festival Admission ($15 value) for each British car admitted to the...
  9. Ron67Alpine

May 12th Frederick Celtic Festival

Pete Groh of britishcarkeys dot com, who has an Austin 2000, asked me to post this. Open to all British marques! No age limitation! Car Show: Free registration! Free parking and free admittance to spectators! One free Adult Festival Admission ($15 value) for each British car admitted to the...
  10. Ron67Alpine

"floaty" steering

So, I've recently replaced tie rod ends, upper and lower ball joints and replaced tortion bar bushings. When I was finished it was pretty obvious I needed an alignment. Took it to the shop the other day for the alignment and I seemed to want to wander in my lane, seem always needing to...
  11. Ron67Alpine

junk yard walk

I heard a rumor there was an Alpine @ a local junkyard. I had to find a couple of parts for my Jeep so took a look. Didn't find the Alpine but anyone want a Jag? I also found a small yellow 4 bolt, 6 blade fan on, I believe a MG. I thought I remembered some mention of a fan from a MG working...
  12. Ron67Alpine

OWS in DC

So, personally, I think this could go in Chit-Chat, but I'm putting it here, just to be safe. I offer this w/o much commentary. My buddy Steve and I are actually natives of DC and have been around for a lot of protests. I've got to say the OWS "protest" in DC is the sorryest lot of "protesters"...
  13. Ron67Alpine

Partial front end rebuild

So, a couple of wks ago, on a Saturday, I took my baby for a little drive...only to end by loosing a lower ball joint and waiting hrs for a non-flatbed tow. Anyway, since I have to replace that, I might as well do both uppers and lowers, and since I'm replacing those, I might as well replace my...
  14. Ron67Alpine

Glad they wern't Alpines :)

Fleet of Ferraris Ruined in Sports Car Freeway Pileup in Japan Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/12/05/fleet-ferraris-ruined-in-sports-car-freeway-pileup-in-japan/?test=latestnews#ixzz1ffHbw9fb
  15. Ron67Alpine

SS now has Duck bills and door bumpers

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, or not and I am not in anyway associated w/Sunbeam Specialties. The only reason I'm posting this, is that there have been quite a few requests on buying these, over time. I just got them and thought I'd let y'all know. Ron
  16. Ron67Alpine

Upper ball joint from VB

Long story short. My left lower ball joint separated the other day while driving. Other than the BJ not much damage to my baby. Replacing the ball joints was on my list of things to do, so I'd purchased uppers and lowers from VB, earlier this year. I took my upper A-arms and ball joints to my...
  17. Ron67Alpine

Can the Alpine tow anything?

Well, that's the question. I'd like to go on a road trip, sometime in the future, w/a buddy. Thinking about DC to Key West. I'd like to take our motorcycles. So, generally, can a "stock" SV tow a small trailer w/2 bikes, KZ750 twin/BMW R90 (bike weight aprox 900lbs), carrying 2 passengers and...
  18. Ron67Alpine

Oregon Ridge, MD, Classic Car Show

I went to a show recently and took some pics of some beautiful autos. Only other Sunbeam was a Tiger, but never did see the owner by his car. Though y'all might like to see some bling Ron http://s320.photobucket.com/albums/nn354/RonKZ750M1/Car%20Shows/OregonRidge/
  19. Ron67Alpine

Diesel???

Not that this is something I could afford doing, but I've been watching a lot of the British "Top Gear" reruns and they talk about European cars w/little diesel engines that have power , great milage and quiet. Anyone ever consider this as an engine swap? I know the US kinda killed diesels in...
  20. Ron67Alpine

Wipac back-up lights

I'm refurbishing my Wipac lights and have a couple of questions. 1 can the lights be installed w/o removing the gas cross-pipe? 2 if so what kind of wrench is needed? I've installed 1 of the lights finger tight but cannot get a wrench on the nut to tighten. 3 what size is the nut? It's...