• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. chryslerwagon

Why is the "Sunbeam Invasion" still listed for June of 2017? http://www.sunbeaminvasion.com/ Is there anything new?

When I look for events all I find is the Sunbeam Invasion for 2017!
  2. chryslerwagon

Speedometer gear

I'm able to calibrate it to any one speed by using the clock spring but it will only be accurate at that one speed. I would like it to be correct at most driving speeds and have the odometer be correct also. I know my way around the insides of these having spent three years working at a...
  3. chryslerwagon

Stromberg gushing

plastic tee after the fire
  4. chryslerwagon

Speedometer gear

Thank you for your answer. It looks like you spent a lot of time on it and I really appreciate it. I will probably be getting a 13 tooth gear from Rick or Mark but I'll install the 3.89 diff and do a road test to find how far off it is first. BTW my ser# is 39501476 and non-overdrive with the...
  5. chryslerwagon

Speedometer gear

Speedo was about 2 to 3 MPH slow at 60. It's not the original. I built it out of three spares. I'm not sure I can get it accurate enough with a change in ratio of about 8%. I calculate it will now be about 10 MPH slow. Looking to see if anyone else has already solved the problem.
  6. chryslerwagon

Speedometer gear

I am replacing the differential gear set on my series V. The current ratio is 4.22 and I'm installing a 3.89. It has a 14 tooth speedometer drive gear on the tail shaft and I'm not sure if I will need to change it in order to get a correct reading. If it needs to be changed what should the...
  7. chryslerwagon

Original Series IV wood gear shifter knob?

I have the wood knob just like that. I bought it aftermarket in 1963 for my Series I and it now resides on my Series V some 60 years later
  8. chryslerwagon

Windscreens from Moss Motors

it's good that they are adding items. They will soon see by the sales what they already should have know.
  9. chryslerwagon

wiper wiring

After troubleshooting the horns multiple times I have come to the conclusion the contacts for the horn ring just don't cut it. I installed a relay so the horn contacts only need to trip the relay and it's given me no further problem
  10. chryslerwagon

Alpine windscreen trim - Install - any advice on order of assembly

My windshield is already installed. Do I have to take it off to use these adjusters/ nuts
  11. chryslerwagon

1725 Re-build.

book says .025 ring end gap I'm currently rebuilding my 1725 and getting more info here-thank you everyone for your posts
  12. chryslerwagon

still working on my V after 15 years. Just getting back to it and doing my research here.

still working on my V after 15 years. Just getting back to it and doing my research here.