• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Bill Tippy

2024 invasion registration

I'm looking for the 2024 invasion registration form. When I look under the events section, I only find the registration form for the British car show. Is there a separate form for the SAOCA Invasion? I know it's getting a little late to register. Unfortunately, my father n law is not well and...
  2. Bill Tippy

Turn signal / Horn / dash light issue

Thanks Mike. I saw that on one of your previous posts. It wouldn't arrive until I'm already in Bowling Green. I sent a message to Joe P. asking him to bring one.
  3. Bill Tippy

I've resolved the turn signal issue. Turned out being bad connections at the fuse box. Also, I think I had the turn signal mechanism put together wrong. It was putting 12 volts thru the mount. I think I fried the flasher in the process, but that's easy to replace.
  4. Bill Tippy

The purple -black wires, and others, look to be connected correctly. I was moving wires around under the dash looking for disconnected wires or other anomalies. Then the turn signals started working. I took the turn signal mechanism, which was totally disconnected from the steering column, and...
  5. Bill Tippy

Thanks Mike. I'll check that first thing tomorrow morning.
  6. Bill Tippy

The problem started when I had no dash lights, and no turn signals. The horn worked like it should. Step 1, fix the turn signal, which hasn't worked for as long as I can remember. I took apart the steering column, etc, and replaced the plastic piece that holds the turn signal lever. I was...
  7. Bill Tippy

Interior Rear View Mirror Alternatives

I actually like the size and contour of the suction cup mirror I bought, for about $12. It gives me an idea of what size i can look for, especially if I get one that sticks to the windshield. Maybe I should get a rear view camera and display, like I have on my camper. It's great. I don't have...
  8. Bill Tippy

Seatbelts with Miata MX5 seats

I'm open to ideas. Currently I have the lap belts and if need be I'd be ok keeping them. As Bill Blue mentioned, the next gen of Miata seats have the three point integrated, which I didn't know. But I picked the gen 1 seats because, from reading posts, they are easier to install. I have some...
  9. Bill Tippy

Seatbelts with Miata MX5 seats

I purchased a nice pair of 1999 Miata MX5 seats and will be installing them soon. These seats have the integrated seat belt receiver. What have others done for seat belts with these seats?
  10. Bill Tippy

Here's plan B.
  11. Bill Tippy

Sunbeam Spares in the UK has the mirror also. For about 95£, or $119 USD, plus shipping. A bit more than I'm willing to pay.
  12. Bill Tippy

I might go the stick on route as well. But, for now, I spent a whole $11 on a suction cup rear view mirror, from Amazon. Better than nothing.
  13. Bill Tippy

The Sunbeam Specialties catalog lists the interior rear view mirror as unavailable.
  14. Bill Tippy

I realize that the interior rear view mirror is hard to come by. Is there a mirror, readily available, that is used by other cars, that match the mounting hole pattern of an SV? Or can be modified to fit? It doesn't have to look exactly like the original, but will look good. Has anyone used...
  15. Bill Tippy

Detroit Woodward Dream Cruise Aug 19, 2023

Anyone planning on driving their Alpine/Tiger to the Woodward Dream Cruise today, Aug 19? I'm planning on being there around noon. I haven't been to this cruise in years. Is there a Sunbeam, or British car gathering place?
  16. Bill Tippy

Contacting Rick at Sunbeam Specialties

I got hold of Rick. All's good.
  17. Bill Tippy

Contacting Rick at Sunbeam Specialties

The last I heard from him was Sept 21 asking me to confirm my order before he sends it. I responded there were a couple items missing. I sent another email and called. And I haven't heard anything since. No charge was made to my credit card. So I don't know what's up.