• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. R

One more Miata motor install

welcome to the light side :D
  2. R

Dallas Chapter Meet

we need to do another one of these in the next month or two once the weather stops freezing. Is anyone in the area interested in meeting up either at Hullihans or somewhere around there? We could discuss our plan of attack to have a decent Alpine showing at the Whiterock show.
  3. R

Mazda Engine Swap

I'm keeping that open for an inter cooler
  4. R

Mazda Engine Swap

I had some problems with the megasquirt doing random backfires at key on. I found a fix for it online that involved adding a few transistors and inverting the way the ecm handles the coil control. Seems to be working now, but this will definitely be my last megasquirt venture. Almost anything...
  5. R

67 Alpine rebuild with Miata 1.6

I also installed my oil filter remote mount tonight. Where did you mount the filter? I went with a 3/4" thread mount so I can run a stock alpine filter rather than the shot glass sized miata filter. It's also the same filter as the rest of my vehicles so i usually have one in hand
  6. R

Mazda Engine Swap

So this worked just fine. I had to adjust the pot, but the # of turns remained untouched. Thanks for the help
  7. R

Mazda Engine Swap

It moves! And then it gets towed home by a discovery i overestimated the remaining fuel in the tank and the maiden voyage around the block was going well so I pushed it too far. Tried pushing it and found out the brakes are dragging. Burned up the starter and one of the linkage bolts loosened...
  8. R

Mazda Engine Swap

Megasquirt 1 I figure it'll have a turbo one day, and the stock ecu is no good for that and I didn't have harness or ecu to start with so I gave it a shot
  9. R

Mazda Engine Swap

Still finishing up all of the details. It's been running very rough, high idle, stumbling when the gas is hit. I suspected it was lack of throttle position input to the ecm since the 1.6 uses a throttle switch that tells the factory ecu idle and wot with nothing in between. I went through...
  10. R

Mazda Engine Swap

Played with some mig welding aluminum tonight. No spool gun, just a bottle of pure argon and a straight torch cable. Worked pretty good. My aluminum welding skills are bad, but my flap disc skills are great. That's the air temp sensor in the intake tube.
  11. R

Mazda Engine Swap

There will be a shield in front and a pre filter
  12. R

Mazda Engine Swap

13. R

Mazda Engine Swap

Loom and coolant lines almost done. I'm now running in to all the problems I said I'd deal with later like broken studs at the back of the engine that take 3 hours to remove
  14. R

Hyundai Genesis 2.0 ?

There's a couple on ebay. The transmission looks huge and doesn't have the shifter built in. I think you'll have to remove most of the tunnel and floor for it to fit
  15. R

Mazda Engine Swap

Bills radiator in plano tx. Both inlets had to be swapped. It was 140 I had the same shop do a 2 to 3 core rebuild on a tdi defender radiator and that was 700. I'd expect an alpine to be slightly less than that
  16. R

Mazda Engine Swap

Reworked stock radiator
  17. R

Wheels for sale

Ah they are universal. Now I know why they are for sale
  18. R

Mazda Engine Swap

Clutch and brakes plumbed. Shifter completed, had to shorted the linkage 3/32. So close. Picking up the modified radiator tomorrow
  19. R

Wheels for sale

Wow. I could really use those. I do not trust those inserted universal pattern wheels on the one I'm almost ready to put back on the road.. Already had one fall off. Anyone want to be a courier?