• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. W

Timing/Tuning Question

Hi Just a thought. Have you considered that the PCV valve may be causing a vacuum leak? Disconnect the hose and plug the PCV valve and see what happens. Cheers, Wayne
  2. W

Roller lifters for Alpine 1725?

Hi: I am aware of the Zinc in oil issue and have always used both break-in lube and ZDDP additive in my normal oil. I tend to run 40 or 50 weight oil and have tweaked the oil pressure releaf valve so I run 60-70psi at 3,000 rpm (around 30-35 psi near idle). I figure the pitting is likely...
  3. W

Barry: Thanks for your note. I raise the question because I seem to run thru camshafts owing to wear. The tappets pit and wear out the cam. It would be nice to move to a more wear-resistant roller-tappet. Your point about needing change to cam is probably right. Hope someone has given this...
  4. W

Has anyone attempted to fit roller-type lifters to an otherwise stock Alpine 1725 engine? Thanks, Wayne
  5. W

Severe Misfire

Hi: In your original note you indicated that after doing work on the ignition and fuel system all ran OK for a while before pooping out. I have seen this in the past and traced the problem to the ignition switch. Basically, the contacts were dirty so depending on the environment (temp...
  6. W

Weber 32/36 on 1725 tuning problems

I am having some issues dialing in my 1725 fitted with a 32/36 DGV on a Series IV downdraft maifold. The engine does not idle well - it hunts - and it diesels when turned off. I've rejetted the carb to .6 primary idle .55 secondary idle, which helped but did not solve the issues. The...
  7. W

Looking for CAD drawings of Alpine or Tiger

Hi: I am trying to locate CAD drawings of an Alpine or Tiger. The link to drawings on the ClassicTiger.com site contributed by Jim Barrett is no longer working. I would be grateful if someone could direct me to CAD drawings of the Alpine or Tiger. Thanks heaps, Wayne
  8. W

Hardtop on a Series IV

Thanks for the comments. I am certain that I am using the 'correct' weatherstriping, which is installed correctly on the hardtop. Clearly, the issue is that the top of the windshield frame is proud of its normal position. I have tightened the bolts holding the windshield frame to the body as...
  9. W

Hardtop on a Series IV

Series Iv Hardtop I adjusted the windshield so it is parrallel to the quarter windows. But there is almost 1/2 in gap between the top of the quarter window chrome and the horizontal weather strip on the hardtop. There is nothing under the windshield except for the normal rubber weatherseal...
  10. W

Hardtop on a Series IV

Hi: I completed the restoration of my Series IV Alpine GT. Something is not right when I tried to fit a steel hardtop. There is nearly a 1/2 inch gap between the top of the door windows and the hardtop horizontal weather strip. The gap is consistent from the top of the front quarter window...
  11. W

Trying to connect with Scott Woerth - PA

Hi: I am trying to reconnect with Scott Woerth of Christina, PA. Seem to be no answer at the phone number I have - XXX-XXX-2201. Was hoping someone here might have and share with me his current contact details. Thanks, Wayne
  12. W

Engine RPM vs Road Speed S-IV Automatic

Next steps to resolution Guys: Thanks to all for your advice/insights. The transmission seems to be shifting fine: I can feel it shift from 1st-to-2nd and from 2nd-to-3rd. I dont think the tach is an issue as it is quite obvious that the engine is running very fast at 50mph. The...
  13. W

Engine RPM vs Road Speed S-IV Automatic

Guys: I would be grateful if someone would provide expected engine speed (rpm) vs road speed (mph) for a Series IV Alpine with a BW Automatic transmission? My 'beam is running close to 4000rpm at 50mph, which seems to be a very high engine speed. Is there a simple way to determine the...
  14. W

Series IV Automatic shift boot

Alpine IV automatic shift boot If I get any good info or leads I will post it. Please do the same. I have been searching for the boot for years! Cheers, Wayne
  15. W

Replacement Wire Wheels - 14inch

I want to replace my stock 13x4.5 inch wires with 14x5.5inch wires. I am sure some of you have done this and would be grateful for recommendations. Specifically, will 14 inch wire wheels from a MG fit the Sunbeam (I know splines are the same so the question really relates to any interference...
  16. W

Wire Wheels

Wires for sale Steve: What do you want for the wheels? Please include cost of shipping to 21146. Thanks, Wayne
  17. W

brake servo yellow striped hose source

Brake Servo Hose Hi: I too am looking for this hose. Please let me know if you come up with any leads. I need about 7 feet of the hose (enough for 3 cars). Best regards, Wayne
  18. W

Heater control and fan switch

Still looking for the switch label rings Hi Guys: Thanks for the suggestions. I checked with KIP but the items that they make are NOT the ones I am looking for. I am looking the METAL ring that fits under the switch retainer ring on the face of the dash. The bottom of this ring has a...
  19. W

Heater control and fan switch

Can you point me to a source for the "FOG" and "BLOWER" switch label rings? Best regards, Wayne