• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. C

V6 Timing Cover leak (again)

So after just replacing the harmonic balancer seal that was leaking I have the same problem. I guess I made the mistake of pulling the balancer and the seal without locating the timing cover on the balancer then bolting it down. I know I did the first time when I originally rebuilt the motor so...
  2. C

2.8 Porting questions

Hey all, I am sure this has been covered but I cant find it on the forum. I am about to port and polish my 2.8 heads and put in 2.9 valves. Does anyone have the details on how to go about the porting on these specific heads? I understand the basics of porting but those of you that have done your...
  3. C

Best springs to lower to lower a V6 Series V

I have looked at numerous threads on the forum regarding ways to lower the front to improve handling and to make the Series V look low and more sleek. I am wondering if there is a consensus on the best way to achieve this? After installing the V6 and restoring my car I just cut my springs...
  4. C

Tiger for sale on Craigslist

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/2338901029.html I wish I had the time and money right now for a project! Check it out... maybe you do!
  5. C

Sunbeam wheels

I found these 5 original Sunbeam wheels on Craigslist and thought I would pass it on. Its in Salem Oregon under parts. http://salem.craigslist.org/pts/2336310717.html
  6. C

Leaking V6 oil pan and Valve covers

This has been my biggest problem with my conversion and I feel pretty stupid about it. I have tried over and over to get my 2.8 to not leak at the valve covers and have redone the oil pan once since my original rebuild and still have leaks. Unfortunatly searching the word "OIL" on the forum will...
  7. C

Removing the Steering column

Is there a trick to removing the Steering column with the V6 conversion? If anyone knows of a thread that might discribe getting the column out, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Craig
  8. C

V-6 Valve cover gaskets leaking.

Anyone know how to keep the V-6 valve covers from leaking?
  9. C

Radiator cap for a Series V ?

I have been trying to find the correct radiator cap for my V6 converted 67 Alpine. When I had the radiator modified they lost the original cap and I have been having trouble with it overflowing with every cap I have tried. Can anyone recomend the proper cap? I have tried a few that seem to fit...
  10. C

Pulling out the steering column upper bearings

My upper steering column bearings are pretty bad so I need to replace them. I have the steering wheel off and can see the upper bearings but can't figure out how to get a hold of them to get them out for replacement. It there a trick to getting these out? Also, are there replacement bearings...
  11. C

Posting V6 conversion photo's

I was wondering if there is a place on the forum to share our V6 conversion photo's? I took a few pics and could post them and I am sure many of us would contribute as well. Pictures could be of finished cars as well as progress photo's or parts photo's. I know there are photo's throughout the...
  12. C

Soft top installation

I picked up my Series V as a basket case and so I don't know how the soft top frame bolted on. Anyone have photo's of how it bolts on? I do understand it needs to be a little loose at that point, but are there any washers etc? Also, any tips on putting the top on the frame would be apreciated...
  13. C

V6 Fan belt slipping

Hello guys, I have a question about Jose's conversion. I have a Datsun alternator with his alternator bracket and I cant seem to keep the belt from squeeling when I step on the gas. Any good ideas? The alternator has room to adjust either way and I have it pretty tight.
  14. C

Removing the SV steering wheel center cap.

Hey guys, I am trying to get the steering wheel off my SV in order to replace the upper bearings and understand I need to get the horn button off the center to access the bolt holding it on. I am afraid I will ruin it if I keep prying around the edge. Anyone have a good tip on how to do this...
  15. C

Wiring harness for a Sunbeam V

I have a wiring harness that I carefully removed from my 1967 Alpine. It is complete except I needed the lights for the turn signal indicaters and the high beam indicater so they were cut off with spare wire remaining to re-attach. I have it on Ebay this week if your interested. I made a video...
  16. C

Steering column upper bearing greese / oil question..

Anyone have issues with a noisy, rough feeling upper bearing on the steering column of a SV? I cant figure out how to get greese or oil to it in an effort to possibly smooth out and quiet the problem. It feels like the bearing is bad, but it would be a start. Any good ideas? Thanks for your...
  17. C

Steering column bearing issue

Anyone have issues with a noisy, rough feeling upper bearing on the steering column of a SV? I cant figure out how to get greese or oil to it in an effort to possibly smooth out and quiet the problem. It feels like the bearing are bad, but it would be a start. Any good ideas? Thanks for your...
  18. C

2.8 headers, exhaust, mufflers

I am at the point of getting mufflers on this conversion, once I do.... I am driving! I have Jose's headers on my 2.8. They are pointed outward and so I am trying to figure the best way to get the pipes and the best sound under the car. I would prefer not to cut the cross member. Whats everyone...
  19. C

Datsun alternator on the 2.8 V6

I mounted the Datsun 14231 alternator on my 2.8 and now I need to wire it. I am using an aftermarket wiring harness throughout and the Ford Duraspark electonic ignition. I am uncertain which wires go to the alternator... anyone used this internally regulated alternator? Thanks for any help!
  20. C

Windscreen installation

I have new glass and new rubber seal for the windscreen, have the glass installed in the frame using a cord and it was easy, but the stainless on the sides and the bottom have me a little baffled. The sides stainless is held in with rivets but it seems very tight getting it into place and they...