• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. twospeed

63 Alpine for sale all rebuilt

Before I put this on ebay I thought I might give it a try here. 1963 sunbeam for sale--------- questions just ask
  2. twospeed

Top speed

Well I took my SIII out for a bast tonight and went as fast as 86mpr at 4500 rpm:s----not much left after that---is that OK for this motor? Plus more info-I did not belive my MPR gauge so I checked online with tire size and RPM;S and this is what it told me.
  3. twospeed

Nasa

Does anybody here belong to a NASA racing group? I was just told about this at a show the other day.
  4. twospeed

60 Mph

60 mph at 4200 rpm's,does this sound right? My APP on my Iphone and also the cars speedo says so.I thought this car would go faster that this.I dont want to rev it too high. Wish I had a overdrive in it.
  5. twospeed

head torque

Is 45 still the preferred head torque for a SIII? 1592 cc
  6. twospeed

What are these?

I know they came from my SIII but dont remember where they came from? They are white nylon or plastic parts,thought they first where for door panels but too big. Any ideas?
  7. twospeed

Thro out bearing

I will be changing my clutch as soon as the weather gets warmer. I read some place that there is a ball bearing thro out bearing made to replace my carbon one? Anybody know where I can get one?
  8. twospeed

Window keeps rolling up?

After putting about 1000 miles on my first Alpine,1 thing just bugs me alittle. My drivers side window keeps rolling up,new felts in the channels and tracks but every 5 minutes I have to roll the window down. Goes up about a inch and stops, just enought so I cant rest my arm on the door. Any...
  9. twospeed

Fuel shut-off valve

This came off my SIII, it shuts the fuel off when you push down. It was mounted on the intlet side of the fuel pump,is it a original part?
  10. twospeed

Delta KC cam

I read some where that the valve cleance for the Delta KC grind cam is .014in .014 exhaust,is that true? I have been running mine at .012--.014
  11. twospeed

Delta KC cam

I read some where that the valve cleance for the Delta KC grind cam is .014in .014 exhaust,is that true? I have been running mine at .012--.014
  12. twospeed

British car festival

Hello every one, just so you know tomorrow is the 26 Annual British car festival at Harper Collage in Palitine Il. I will be there and so will other Alpine's.
  13. twospeed

How much timing?

My S3 motor was redone over the winter with head porting--and a Delta KC grind cam. How much timing should I use? Last thing I did was time it with a vaccum gauge and I think I could use more. When I drive it hard I hear no pinging at all, runs ok but should I just keep putting timing in it...
  14. twospeed

Main jet numbers

I have two main jets with the numbers 112-and 127, is that millimeters?
  15. twospeed

overdrive?

What is the overdrive percentage on a SIII trans?
  16. twospeed

delta cam

I installed a Delta cam I believe a Kc grind. They said my stock valve springs are alright to use but I was wondering to replace them. Anybody know a good replacement for the stock springs for a S3 1592 cc?
  17. twospeed

Overdrive trans

Anybody around Chicago have a overdrive trans for a S3?
  18. twospeed

Overdrive switch

I am planning to install a overdrive in the future,can that be turned on with just a simple toggle switch----on--off style?
  19. twospeed

My two cars

Finaly had a chance to take a picture of the two cars I built for myself.
  20. twospeed

On the highway question.

Just took my SIII for its first ride on the freeway. 65MPH at 3500 rpm's does that sound right?