• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. J

Speedo and tach cable routing

HI Folks! The complete restoration is nearing the point where I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't think it is an oncoming train... I am looking for a sketch or photo of the cable routing for the speedo and tach drive on a left-hand drive car. Can anyone help?
  2. J

Source for heater flap gasket Series II

Is there anyone out there who would have a source for a heater flap (Diverter) gasket?
  3. J

Looking for good door handles for series II

Does anyone know of a source for good/nos door handles for a series II. I have two but the chrome is quite pitted.
  4. J

Hubcap Question

We're nearing the end of a very long and deep restoration. In our shed full of parts that were accumulated over that last 35 years or so, we have 4 hubcaps with depression of about 1 3/4" in the center and 6 caps with the a depression in the center of about 1 1/4". All are pretty bad, but...
  5. J

Finishing Bakelite?

In the process of restoration of a Series II Alpine. The plastic (Bakelite?) glove box surround is resisting a paint job. I have been successful at painting the plastic trim pieces that are at the front edge of the door interior (the pieces that are almost always broken), but putting the same...
  6. J

Parts needed - Door Dovetails and Fuel pipe Escutcheon (Bezel)

Starting the reassembly of a 1962 Alpine Series II. The escutcheon is the bowl around the filler pipe. Ours is badly pitted. The door dovetails are not good - one is broken and one is cracked. We need to find good replacements. Thanks! Josh
  7. J

Pressure relief Valve diaphragm for series II cooling system

Does anyone know of a source for a replacement diaphragm for the pressure relief valve on the Series II Alpine cooling system? What I am looking for is the rubber diaphragm that is inside the brass relief valve assembly that is mounted on the expansion tank. I suppose I could fashion some sort...
  8. J

Series 1/2 Fuel Tank

I desperately need a useable or repairable fuel tank for a 1962 series 2 Alpine. Failing that, could I find someone in the NH area who would lend or give me a tank that is beyond repair so I can have a ew one made? Thanks! Josh Bartlett Moultonborough, NH USA