• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. J

Series II Replacement Fuel Tank

We had the tank professionally repaired and relined. We haven't filled it yet, but it was guaranteed for 5 years by a reputable company. we shall see when we finish the complete rebuild/restoration project.
  2. J

Speedo and tach cable routing

Thanks!
  3. J

That might help. Thanks!
  4. J

Any photos of series II under bonnet available?
  5. J

I looked at the series II gallery, but there isn't a good shot of an engine bay - particularly the right side of the under hood (bonnet?). I think I can figure it out through trial and error, but I'm concerned about the errors. The instrument panel is not yet installed, but i fear kinking...
  6. J

HI Folks! The complete restoration is nearing the point where I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't think it is an oncoming train... I am looking for a sketch or photo of the cable routing for the speedo and tach drive on a left-hand drive car. Can anyone help?
  7. J

Looking for good door handles for series II

Thanks. I will check with the owner, but I think I will advise him to try to save the somewhat pitted originals.
  8. J

Wheel color

Sunbeam Specialties has them in the catalog; Classic Sunbeam probably also has them.
  9. J

Wheel color

The one on the left has the correct dished (not cone) profile... The cone profile has a tendency to crack the wheel. Most of of the sunbeam suppliers have them. If you can't find them I may have some used ones.
  10. J

Ours are outside and pretty badly pitted.... I may try Scotty's suggestion.
  11. J

Source for heater flap gasket Series II

Is there anyone out there who would have a source for a heater flap (Diverter) gasket?
  12. J

Does anyone know of a source for good/nos door handles for a series II. I have two but the chrome is quite pitted.
  13. J

Hubcap Question

Thanks! Happily, the one on the left is one of six and at least four should polish up nicely.
  14. J

Wheel color

Also, MAKE VERY SURE that the lug nuts are the correct curved face ones. Do not replace them with regular cone type. They will likely crack the wheel. If the nuts have been replaced with the cone type, carefully inspect the wheel for cracks.
  15. J

Hubcap Question

Here's the picture... I think the one on the right is the original to this car (Series II 1962)
  16. J

Hubcap Question

I'll send pics out a as soon as I can. Thanks
  17. J

Vin tag

There are several sources in the US..... I picked up an excellent one on ebay. Sunbeam Specialties may also have them. You will need to stamp the VIN and color code very carefully and in some States have it verified by law enforcement. If you have the old one or the matching engine number, it...
  18. J

Hubcap Question

We're nearing the end of a very long and deep restoration. In our shed full of parts that were accumulated over that last 35 years or so, we have 4 hubcaps with depression of about 1 3/4" in the center and 6 caps with the a depression in the center of about 1 1/4". All are pretty bad, but...
  19. J

Finishing Bakelite?

Thanks, Folks! I will continue to try several of these suggestions. I have been painfully aware of the troubles silicone can cause on porous wood. I did not think that the plastic would be a problem - I didn't think it would absorb the stuff. Oh, well! Live and learn.
  20. J

Finishing Bakelite?

Thanks, Sunbeamers. I'm going to try one more idea: There is a paint specifically made for vinyl and plastics. I haven't been able to find black, but I think if I use gray and paint over it with black, it might work. Thoughts?