• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Jeff@1965Tiger

One wire alternator?

Thank you, I have looked at it. Still, it is not specific enough though. If there was a wiring expert that could use my diagram, I think it would help not just me but many others. Other diagrams have taken a short route and circumvented the original harness which can be used. That is my quest...
  2. Jeff@1965Tiger

One wire alternator?

Thank you so much. The stock 65 Tiger has similar components but different from the Alpine. The Generator and the voltage regulator are FORD instead of the standard Lucas. With all the cars out there and individuals, like me, who wish to have a more modern electrical charging system it seems...
  3. Jeff@1965Tiger

Tiger alternator

I have installed the bracket and alternator. I would like to use as much of the stock wiring, if possible, since it is there and was used by the generator. Obviously, there are changes needed. I have a spare voltage regulator to use as a Dummy or "Junction Block" as I have seen some do. Please...
  4. Jeff@1965Tiger

Tiger alternator

I have installed a mini Denzo alternator. I would like to use as much of the stock wiring, if possible, since it is there and was used by the generator. Obviously, there are changes needed. I have a spare voltage regulator to use as a Dummy or "Junction Block" as I have seen some do. Please look...
  5. Jeff@1965Tiger

One wire alternator?

Thanks for the diagram.
  6. Jeff@1965Tiger

One wire alternator?

Can someone please share a simple wire diagram to hook up the 1 wire Denso? I see so many different ways from others. Wanting to not recreate the wheel I wish to gain from your experience. I have a 1965 Sunbeam Tiger. Which wires do I use and connect and which ones to tape off. I plan on using...
  7. Jeff@1965Tiger

Tiger alternator

Gentlemen, I have a 1965 sunbeam Tiger which I wish to upgrade to a more compact alternator. I purchased a Denso 1 wire alternator and bracket to align and mount. Now come the wiring ... I do not want to recreate the wheel since I know some have done this before with good success. However, I...
  8. Jeff@1965Tiger

Can the Drivers side Head be removed while engine is in the Tiger?

Thanks for the comments. However, I ruled that out early. I removed the valve cover and rotated the motor by hand and saw the valves move equally as the others, so no cam issue. Then I re-adjusted the valves, and it still ran rough. Doing a compression test showed 45 psi. Next, I used my engine...
  9. Jeff@1965Tiger

If I just replace the piston in question ... #7 will I have enough clearance, or will I need to do what you did? I understand #8 would be a bear and would need more clearance to get out. Or is it the bolts on the head that is the issue. My plan was to remove the intake, and just the driver's...
  10. Jeff@1965Tiger

Yes, I have the builders details. My question is can I remove the head with enough clearance and retorque it?
  11. Jeff@1965Tiger

It appears I have a bad cylinder, #7. I have check compression and it is 45 psi :( The engine had a fresh rebuild when restored but something went wrong. I suspect the compression ring was too tight and broke the piston???? Some suggest detonation??? I have scoped it and see issues with the top...
  12. Jeff@1965Tiger

Where can I get STOCK front coil springs?

FYI - Rick @ SS does not have them, Dan R. does not have them either - he had springs made years ago but they were a bit over diameter, Coil Spring Specialties can make them for $340+ and 4 weeks. I am still looking. Thanks
  13. Jeff@1965Tiger

Where can I get STOCK front coil springs?

I am looking to replace my tired front TIGER springs with NEW "stock" springs. However, I do not seem to be able to locate springs unless they are custom made for $400 and take 2 months to make. Knowing that there are thousands of USA domestic makes and models over the years has anyone found...
  14. Jeff@1965Tiger

I am looking for NEW stock front coil springs. Does anyone have a mfg contact? Over the year...

I am looking for NEW stock front coil springs. Does anyone have a mfg contact? Over the year, no doubt, someone has had to find a stock spring that fits perfect .... something like a 1972 ford pinto????
  15. Jeff@1965Tiger

I now have a 1965 Sunbeam Tiger Mark1

I now have a 1965 Sunbeam Tiger Mark1