• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Limey

Engine weight?

Hi all - what is the approx weight of an Alpine engine? All up but no gearbox - Thanks in advance. Oliver
  2. Limey

STRAIGHT SWAP FLAT TOPS

Hi all, 3 things I need your help with if you know, 1) For a vizard mod - is there a straight swap flat top piston out there to replace my dished units? 2) What part numbers for the Datsun diesel /petrol valves and guides (Jerry??) My engineer wants one of ach for appraisal 3) What Schrick...
  3. Limey

Engine identity

Hi All, I'm looking at buying a 1600 engine with the following numbers stamped on the top of the block. Not Alpine but i can't ident it. Rapier? Husky? B30541 38 OD HHO Thanks for all help Oliver
  4. Limey

Is this a late (new casting) Series IV block

Hi All, I heard that for the the late series IVs, Rootes used a new casting for the block. Is this block and numbers one of these? Thanks for all help Oliver
  5. Limey

HA Cantilever boot

I have an HA cantilver boot lid with cantilever boot mechanism for sale. some perforation to bottom of boot lid. Jan Iggbom reckons only wo made. I have both. Some rumours of a third but I have never seen it. Drop me a message if interested and I'll send pics. Oliver Pics are my Blue HA with...
  6. Limey

Super charger rods and pistons

Hi all, A can of worms question. Not racing but sort of..I'm fitting a good old 1960 Judson super charger to my 1600cc S2 (As fitted to 1600cc MGA's, Corvairs, Jeeps, Volvos, Sprites, Beetles etc Stateside in period.. just not to Alpines strangely) My question is, will the standard conrods and...
  7. Limey

1600cc Oil cooler

Hi All Does anyone have an original type oil cooler base for a 1600cc to sell? These are different to the 1725 bases. Nice to have the hoses and matrix as well but it's the base I really need. Hoping that one of you racers has one left over from an upgrade. It's the left one in the picture...
  8. Limey

Wanted

Hi All Does anyone have an HA oil cooler base for a 1600cc to sell? Nice to have the hoses and matrix as well but it's the base I really need. Many Thanks. Oliver Ps I'll post this on the racers forum
  9. Limey

Sebring throttle linkage

Hi All, I'm fitting a nice pair of period Webers and Jack Brabham 'Performance' manifold to my HA. I want to copy the neat linkage in this old photo. I believe it is of a Sebring Alpine? Has anyone got better shots of the linkage at the radiator end? Thanks Oliver
  10. Limey

Roll/sway bars

Roll bars - My S2 has a half inch roll bar (which is rubbish). When did they change to 5/8''?. I have 5/8th and a 7/8ths bars in my spares but the angle of them differs from the 1/2 inch one. So must be for the later type front suspension? My local forge is reshaping them to match the S2's 1/2...
  11. Limey

horns

Hi All, I have a weird issue with my horns/hooters. Series 2 Alpine. Horns work fine with the engine running but they only click when the engine is off. The amp gauge needle drops to the left a lot. Local Garage said they were 'pulling too much current'. There is no relay fitted for them...
  12. Limey

Open Spring pressure

Hi All, Hope you can help. What is the open spring pressure of stock springs? And have any of you used this co? Thanks Oliver
  13. Limey

65beam

Anyone else on here being stalked by 65beam? I notice he hasn't posted on here in a while (banned?) but he's becoming a pain to me on other media. Just wondering if anyone else was being blighted...
  14. Limey

Judson supercharger

Hi All, Another side project is fitting a Judson supercharger. The one they made for the MGA is almost suitable. Will need an inlet mod or two. Has anyone done this before? It is fairly low pressure so no head mods required I believe. Any thoughts good or bad gratefully received. Thanks Oliver
  15. Limey

Carb spit on cold start

Hi All, Engine is still running in at 1000mls and all OK but she has always had the tendancy to spit out of a carb on cold start with partial choke. Full choke is too much. Timing issue of fuel ratio issue?
  16. Limey

Push rods

Hi all, I'm in the UK with a Chris Draycott Racing 1600cc Alpine road tune engine. In the first 1000 miles I have 'destroyed' 3 push rods and I'm still running in the engine... the top of the pushrod where the ball of the rocker sits gently collapses requiring regular tappet adjustment. They...
  17. Limey

Booster (servo) hose

If anyone is interested I have found a maker of '2 stripe' booster hoses. He's in the UK and makes them for Lotus Cortinas etc but identical to Alpine ones. Sells them on Ebay. Makes them to order. No connection just happy to share and say that the product is excellent. Max length he can do is...
  18. Limey

Brabham Manifold

Hi All, Just secured this one on eBay along with two raw un-machined Rootes compatible Weber manifolds after following a hunch. It's a Rootes Brabham but has a servo (booster take off) that I've not seen in pictures or articles. Can anybody shed some light?
  19. Limey

Which Webers

Hi all, On the HA's and HLMS What number DCOE40's were fitted? 18s? 35? and whats the difference? Sorry for the dumbish question.
  20. Limey

Clutch slave rod length 1960 SII

Hi all, I recently finally fitted the return spring on my SII slave cylinder clutch bearing arm. What happened caught me by suprise; clutch fluid came out of the master in large quantities. The spring had pulled the clutch bearing arm all the way back towards the slave cylinder (nothing to...