• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Whiskey Whistle

New Battery is Now Dead

Hello and welcome to my third problem thread this week! Thanks in advance for the advice. I finally have time to get after some things on the to-do list for the Sunbeam. My 3-year-old battery had been giving me trouble lately, so I replaced it for a 4-day weekend trip my wife and I went on last...
  2. Whiskey Whistle

Symptom: Hitchy Brakes

Hello, I have my suspicion on what needs replacing, but would like y'all's input before I spend more time and money barking up the wrong tree. While pressing the brakes, resistance against the leg's press is smooth until it hits a wall about 1-2" into the press. Pressing past the wall of...
  3. Whiskey Whistle

Problem: Overdrive Going On and Off

Hello there, I recently experienced a phenomenon while driving with the overdrive engaged, it suddenly disengages for a split second then reengages. When it happens, the engine revs up to match the speed for a moment, and then back down when the OD reengages. I noticed it has happened at around...