• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. F

Remanufactured Girling Brake Calipers

Hi Steve, I would like to go ahead and get a set. I do have my cores if you want those sent first. They are in pretty good shape and should be good to kit out. Let me know how you would like to get paid. I could do PayPal if you’d like. I’m just going through this car one system at a time to...
  2. F

Remanufactured Girling Brake Calipers

Hi Steve, I would like to jump on this train too. Your work looked so good I would want to have them on my series 2. Thanks for your good work, Scott
  3. F

New rear drums wanted

I think your right about the master cylinder. I did take off the front calipers today and they seemed to be in good shape and the rotors were barely worn. I probably will still kit them out since I’m try to get the old girl roadworthy again. The old gent that owned it before me was an Amsoil...
  4. F

New rear drums wanted

When I purchased the car I was blessed with an extra engine, a hill man I was told with the stamping date of 1967. God knows what displacement it is. Also there was a rear end that has the proper sunbeam backing plates on it. It is identical to the one that is on the car. It seems that the old...
  5. F

Buick/Rover aluminum V8 swap?

I’ve been told that it’s impossible, but I just saw pictures of this very same thing on the internet. It was a very clean installation, but there were very few details supplied. I would think that this would be a good swap since the aluminum motor weighs in about the same as the iron four banger...
  6. F

New rear drums wanted

Hi, I have a series II that I purchased that had some very stiff brakes. Upon pulling of the rear drums I noticed that not only did the shoes not look like the Alpine shoes but the drum was smaller too. Turns out that someone had swapped the backing plate and everything else that belonged to a...