• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. R

Intake manifold for dual sidedraft webers

intake manifold for dual sidedraft webbers Hi David, Sorry about last night. I bought the manifold from Carl Christenson. He had a company called Pro Prep in Incline Navada. My phone no is 250-360-2966. We live on the West Coast. Robbie
  2. R

I have a new intake manifold for dual sidedraft webers that will fit an Alpine. I have decided to go with a single downdraft setup. I am asking $200. Cheers Robbie
  3. R

I have a new intake manifold for dual sidedraft webers. I have decided to go with a single downdraft setup. I am asking $200. Cheers Robbie
  4. R

38/38 downdraft webber

Hi Robin, Sunbeam Specialties sells 32/36 weber carbs jetted for Alpines for $270. They can be reached at sunsp22@comcast.net. Robbie
  5. R

38/38 downdraft webber

Thanks for the info Robin and thanks for the heads up Jeb. The carb went for $285 on e-bay. I stopped bidding at $175. I might just end up buying a new one. Appreciate the help, Robbie
  6. R

38/38 downdraft webber

Just bought a single carb intake for $90. I'll get it in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know where to buy a 38/38 weber at the best price ? Thanks Robbie
  7. R

Good deal on wheels

Hi Jeb, I have 14x6 carol shelby slot mags on my series 3. They give way more grip in the corners than stock. With 60 series tires the car is also lower than stock. I did have to cut a little bit out underneath the rear wheel wells. I paid $400 for all four about 10 years ago. Good Luck...
  8. R

38/38 downdraft webber

Hi Bill and Robin I am leaning towards using the 38/38 weber. I am negotiating for a series 4 manifold. I am hoping to get it for under $150 since I can get one from sunbeam specialties for $175. I am not sure what the difffereces are between the manifolds. I have been told by a few...
  9. R

38/38 downdraft webber

Way to go Jeb Sounds like you are on the right track Jeb, way to go. Yes it would be great to hear from people who have already set up the 38/38. I am in the process of negotiating for a manifold. Any idea on how much I should pay ? Thanks for your help. Robbie
  10. R

38/38 downdraft webber

Hi Jeb Let me know when you get the jetting sorted out. I am really interested in the 38/38 weber. I have a 1750 engine is a series 3 Alpine. Thanks Robbie
  11. R

38/38 downdraft webber

38/38 webber Hi Micheal, What do you mean by lower speed efficency ? Thanks Rob
  12. R

38/38 downdraft webber

Has anyone used a 38/38 single downdraft webber on a 1725 engine ? I have talked to a few people that have had good results. How do they compare to the 32/36 webber ? Any advice would be appreciated, Robbie
  13. R

dual webbers vs single

Thanks Jim, What do you run on your car ? Robbie
  14. R

dual webbers vs single

Thanks for your reply Jim. Sunbeam Specialties has an intake for the the webber. Have you heard how they run ? Robbie
  15. R

dual webbers vs single

I have just had a 1725 rebuilt for my series 3. I am not going to race the car (on the track anyways). My question is what carb setup is the best for street use ? My 1725 is now a 1750 with a fast road holby cam from sunbeam specialties. I have an aluminum pan on it and the flywheel has...