• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Durhamguy

Soft top and rubber weather stripping

The question is which way does it fit. I have some picture. Pic #1. On the contrails, the wider flat side is against the contrails. I think that is correct. Pics #2, 3 and 4. But on the B post up rights, I am not sure. Logic would be to fit the same way .... wider flat side against upright...
  2. Durhamguy

Fuel Line

I am coming to the tail end of cleaning/sealing my fuel tanks and replacing the fuel line. I ran the new fuel line (nylon and stainless steel amour) along the same pathway as the old line but added some rubber/metal insulated clamps to secure the line better. When I got to the chassis centre...
  3. Durhamguy

Exhaust manifold studs/nuts

I am looking for 2 exhaust manifold studs/nuts/bolts for a SIV. Would anyone have any spare ones. I am up in Toronto and quite happy to pay shipping. Or would you know where to get them from. Thanks
  4. Durhamguy

AccuSpark Ignition Module

Anybody had recent experience with this electronic module to replace the contact points? I found one fellow from 2020 who was positive about it. Wondering if anyone else has used them. Thanks
  5. Durhamguy

Asking price for parts

Wondered what asking price I should ask for these parts at a local swap meet in Ontario ? I am clueless. Both off my S4 Alpine. I think the intake manifold is from a S5 as it had a pair of Strombergs mounted. Thanks for any input. Have a great day.
  6. Durhamguy

Rear brake cylinder dust cover

Were the original dust covers metal per picture? The Alpine is a S4. I have replacements from SS which are rubber. I have leak on rear pass side, so looking to replace. At moment just figuring out what is what per wsm and parts I got from SS. Also appears to be peice of wire wrapped around...
  7. Durhamguy

Headlight relay

If anyone has experience in adding a Moss (Part # 117-515) headlight relay kit to an Alpine (in particular a SIV), I would like to hear from you. I am trying to add one as I am replacing the original headlights to H6024s. Thanks
  8. Durhamguy

Weber Spacer

I have the Alpine Innovation Weber set up including special manifold. The problem I have is gas oozing out from the spacer when the engine is turned off after running. Not running out but enough to wet your finger when swiped across. I have gone through two of the plastic spacers supplied by...
  9. Durhamguy

Rear Axle seals availability

Does anyone know if these rear axle seals are still available for a SIV? If so, who might have them? The SS catalog shows them as no longer available. Part # 1200376 Inner Splash guard (Item 40, Section N in WSM) Part # 108208 Outer Splash guard (Item 41, Section N in WSM) Part # 1201858...
  10. Durhamguy

Ignition Problems

Can’t get car started. Changed ignition components due to hard starting, eratic running, stalling issues dating back to when I purchased the car in May 2021. Car is positive ground, running Alpine Innovations Weber kit. New ignition components added are: Coil, Lucas Sports DB110 Sports 1.5...
  11. Durhamguy

Ballast and Coil

I am replacing my coil and ballast due to starting/running issues. My Alpine is a IV, positive ground. The coil is a Lucas Sports, DLB110. I have figured out the old coils SW (negative) and CB (positive) designations relative to the new coil. My question is on the ballast (see picture plus...
  12. Durhamguy

Distributor Cap screw-in vrs push on

Just ordered and received a Distributor Cap and ended up with the "screw on" one (part #54414513 / DDB105). My new HT/Spark plug leads and Coil are push in. Sigh, yer I know. Question is would a DB106 cap fit which is "push in"? I am thinking it might but appreciate some wiser input before...
  13. Durhamguy

Inlet Manifold Blanking Plug - 5/8"UNF

Looking for inlet Manifold Blanking Plug - 5/8"UNF if anyone might have a spare one. Thanks
  14. Durhamguy

Windscreen plus glass

Could anyone hazard a guess as to what series windscreen this is or what series cars will it fit? Thanks
  15. Durhamguy

Bulb holders, instrument illumination

I am looking for 5 bulb holders for instrument illumination. The part number is 1206418 (Diagam B7 in the parts manual) for a SIV B9402483+. Now that is the technical information, but in regular speak I want to light up my instruments and the holder/wiring is missing. Thanks
  16. Durhamguy

Brake booster fluid leak?

I was doing a job on the steering box (per Sunbeam Channel video and using Castrol SHL grease instead of the egg cup of oil left in it) and decided to check the brake fluid in the Master. Surprise, it was almost empty. I topped it up in October before storing in my garage. I read some older...
  17. Durhamguy

Wing nut sizing

Would anybody know the size and thread of the wing nut for the rear tail and flasher light assembly for a S4? The part number is 9568030. I am missing one. Thanks alot.
  18. Durhamguy

LED 3rd brake light

Is this a no, no to try and add an after market LED 3rd brake light to a stock SIV? I have tried to hook it up as directed with no luck. All my lights work just fine, brake, running lights, flashers but wanted something to add a bit more safety and thought it would be straight forward...
  19. Durhamguy

1967 frame and screen

Does anyone think a 1967 frame and windscreen would fit a Series 1965 IV other than the 1967 being a 5 bolt rather than a 7 bolt. Would the windscreen fit a Series IV? Just curious and I just one posted locally (well 100 miles away). Thanks
  20. Durhamguy

1725 Flame Trap

I know this topic has been discussed before but would appreciate some input. My S4 came out of the shop this week with repaired floors, a positive safety check and is ready to be run - yippee. Apparently, it is the first time it has had a Ministry safety check in 20 years according to the...