• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. K

Got her running

So I thought I’d try to see if the 61 I purchased recently that had been parked in a barn for 25 years would start. Starter motor pinion was stuck, freed that up and it cranked over. Put a ser of points in her, poured a bit of gas down the carbs and cranked her over. To my surprise she fired...
  2. K

61 alpine complete running gear for sale

Wow not a lot then, is it worth trying to get it running??!
  3. K

Also is this where the engine number should be cos I’m not seeing a number
  4. K

The vin starts with B910....?
  5. K

I’ll get you some pics. It does turn over by hand right now and it “ ran when parked” as they say. Price wise I’m really not sure what these are worth. Hit me with a price that is good for you and fair for me. I’d like to see it get used. Also it appears this car may be a series 1. I thought...
  6. K

...where Wretched Excess is only a starting point...

Oh I hear ya. That’s why I said flirting. Trouble is the more people say it can’t be done the more I want to do it..... Im going to have a Coyote engine in the shop for a cougar conversion I’m doing so I’ll be taking a long hard look at that re the alpine
  7. K

Rookie question

Are you saying the Tiger had IRS like the jag and corvette???
  8. K

Got it home!

Got it home and did a quick clean out. Found this stuff buried in the trunk, appears I have two sets of door window frames and a hand crank handle?????? The (last pic)
  9. K

Rookie question

Ahhh no, if I want an anchor that bad I’ll buy a boat
  10. K

Rookie question

Are they 400 hp strong.
  11. K

...where Wretched Excess is only a starting point...

I’m flirting with the idea of using a coyote motor.......
  12. K

Wire wheel knock offs ??

Thanks for the info.
  13. K

Rookie question

Ok that makes sense. I’m learning Think I may go with a Ford 8” narrowed to suit
  14. K

Rookie question

Did the Tiger use the Alpine suspension and rear axle. Hard to believe a Husky rear axle would survive a 260/289 engine
  15. K

As per the title all the running gear is for sale, still has the original twin carb set up. Really not sure what it’s worth but I’d like to see it go to a good home. Think it’s an overdrive car but haven’t had chance to confirm yet (picking up tomorrow) let me know what you need or what you...
  16. K

Wire wheel knock offs ??

Got to get the wheels off my new project. Do they have left hand threads and do you just beat them with a mallet???
  17. K

Engine bay firewall pics wanted

Hoping to get some pics of the firewall from the engine bay so I can get a better idea of what and how they cut it up back in the day. Any help would be appreciated
  18. K

Sad 61

Well the owner contacted me and agreed to the $1000 offer so it looks like I’m a Alpine owner. It’s a lot of work I know but hey, sleeps over rated right.....