• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. dan

New owner, wondering if anyone else is in Utah

Yes, we're running beautifully.
  2. dan

That was it. The numbers were for the POSITION front to back, not labels for what ORDER in the cycle each wire represented. I am embarrassed but grateful! Thank you!
  3. dan

So I pulled the spark plug at position 1 out and turned the engine to confirm that a spark is occurring. The spark plug boot at position 3 has some rust/residue and does not 'click' into place when connected to the spark plug. Could this be my problem? Also, here are pictures of under the hood...
  4. Engine-compartment-2

Engine-compartment-2

5. Engine-compartment-1

Engine-compartment-1

6. dan

Eager learner.

Eager learner.
  7. dan

@husky drvr , Hallelujah! I am very grateful to see your response, since I'm quite stuck (complete beginner here, but with a strong determination to learn). Thank you. So my car is a Series II (as previously mentioned) and was acquired by me several weeks ago. Apparently, the lady I bought it...
  8. dan

Hey there! Happy to be here. I bought an Series II Alpine so I could learn how to maintain and restore vintage vehicles, and I am beginning to recognize the importance of building a network! Wondering if anyone here is from Utah, U.S., or an adjacent state? Would love to meet you, as well as...