• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Alpi67

Need to clutch when activating overdrive?

Well thank you all for your reply, this was very educational. Have a great day!
  2. Alpi67

Need to clutch when activating overdrive?

Hello all, I have a SV Alpine with overdrive. I was wondering if I need to clutch when activating/deactivating the overdrive? I know it works with or without clutching but I was wondering if I can damage something if I do not clutch? Thanks Laurent
  3. Alpi67

Carburetor linkage for Weber conversion

Thanks for your reply and pictures. Thought i'd add pictures to better explain the issue, see attached.
  4. Alpi67

OK thanks Michael, will browse and try to find something.
  5. Alpi67

Hello all, I have this S5 with a Webber carburetor upgrade. The throttle is activated by a symphony of linkage attached one to another… The gas pedal activated a lever which activates a second lever which activates a third spring return lever. It really looks home made. There is some play...
  6. Alpi67

SV Clock positive vs negative ground

Thank you Mike, I will try and see if there is such identification on the clock I have an eye on. Yes, looking for a Smith clock, do you have a spare unit?
  7. Alpi67

Did series V come with OD warning light?

I have a SV with OD but do not have this pilot light. Did SV have such a light?
  8. Alpi67

SV dash removal

Hello, anyone has documentation on how to dismantle the dash on a series V in order to remove gauges for overhaul? It is so tight in there, not sure I can remove the gauges without removing the dash. Any advice?
  9. Alpi67

SV Clock positive vs negative ground

Hello all, in the market for a clock for my SV. Have identified one but not sure if it is positive or negative ground. How can I tell?
  10. Alpi67

Radio repair

OK great, thank you Michael :)
  11. Alpi67

Radio repair

So to your opinion is the one picture above a correct SV or was it different or did some SV had this type and some the other type?
  12. Alpi67

Radio repair

Just read it, on the number 3 console, he is asking if the pictured console is a Series 3 with a ''?''. I think not. Based on what I have seen so far, the no. 3 pictured is a Series 5 like the picture I poste higher in this thread.
  13. Alpi67

Looking for a hood Bonnet pull handle

Hello, anybody has an original black hood bonnet pull handle, with “Bonnet” engraved for sale? It’s for a series 5 Alpine, see picture.
  14. Alpi67

Radio repair

Ok great thank you guys.
  15. Alpi67

Light dimmer plate on SV - Is this original?

OK great, Thanks Steve :)
  16. Alpi67

Light dimmer plate on SV - Is this original?

Good morning all, anybody can tell me if this set-up is original, especially the plate on which the dimmer switch is sitting. I am trying to go as original as possible with this baby but the plate seems new (perhaps the previous owner installed an after market plate)? Were the wires exposed as...
  17. Alpi67

Radio repair

OK, then I think I have the original radio and mono speaker set up (see pic). Then, the speakers in the kick panels must have been installed by someone after wards.
  18. Alpi67

Radio repair

OK great, thanks guys, one more question. On an original SV Sunbeam, where were the speakers located? Only in front each side of the car next to the driver and passenger feet? No speakers in the back right?
  19. Alpi67

Radio repair

Hello, Anyone has an idea of who can repair an original Rootes radios in my SV? It turns on, pilot light comes on but no sound. Took it out connected speakers directly to the radio, still no sound. Laurent