• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Jeffrey.Sweeney

Installing door swing limiters

I just purchased a set of swing limiters for my Alpine and looking at them and the door I believe I need to take the door apart in order to install them. Does anyone have the steps necessary to install them? I do not want to disassemble the door if I do not have to. The old limiters are...
  2. Jeffrey.Sweeney

Gauges - 1962 SII

Thanks all.
  3. Jeffrey.Sweeney

Gauges - 1962 SII

Some time ago I decided I would swap out the mahogany dash that my brother made in 1981 for one with a little more professional looking finish (and with a glove box). I received the dash a couple months ago and finally got around to opening up the box. A very nice piece of work. Now I'm...
  4. Jeffrey.Sweeney

New starter

Thanks all, getting the car on a lift in the next few days and will start some ground verification work shortly thereafter. I suspect that is the issue.
  5. Jeffrey.Sweeney

New starter

When I go to start the car the starter is really slow to spin. I get that ‘oh no, the battery is dead’ feeling n my belly whenever starting it. The battery is new, fully charged and in good condition. I’m wondering if throwing a high torque starter might help. Or is this part of the allure of...
  6. Jeffrey.Sweeney

Alpine in Glendale CA OUCH!!!!

Looks like someone used a XXX language to English app that hasn't been perfected.
  7. Jeffrey.Sweeney

Sunbeam Parts Misc For Sale

Dan, I know you won't sell just one of those branded spinners but if you would.... I'd be interested.
  8. Jeffrey.Sweeney

Steering wheel shaft snd spline count?

Does anyone know the steering wheel spline count and diameter? I shipped my wheel to the U.K. so I can’t check.
  9. Jeffrey.Sweeney

Steering column/subframe swap S2 to S4/S5

Does anyone know the diameter of the S1/S2 steering column shaft? And the number of splines?
  10. Jeffrey.Sweeney

Steering column/subframe swap S2 to S4/S5

Has anyone done this, if so, how bad was the process and do you have any photos of what all it entails. Is it pretty straight forward or is there a lot of re-engineering required? How does the overall handling of the car change? Just mulling over a few options.
  11. Jeffrey.Sweeney

Series II Replacement Radiator Options - if any

Well so much for listening to what my brother tells me. Thanks all.
  12. Jeffrey.Sweeney

Hopefully you you can see the images I D&D'ed to this message.
  13. Jeffrey.Sweeney

You ever start a project and it just cascades into more and more projects? Let me introduce you to my 1962 SII. Put the car on jacks today to start a few winter projects and discovered that the radiator is leaking ... bad. It is not the original radiator, but one out of a mid 1970's Pinto...
  14. Jeffrey.Sweeney

Photos of SII steering wheel with horn rim

Can I get a few close up photos of some series II steering wheels with the horn rim installed? I have a new "used" horn rim and I'm trying to see how it all fits together. It may just be that my existing plastic hub center is slightly distorted in shape and thus not allowing me to press the...
  15. Jeffrey.Sweeney

Body No. Tag Series II

I tried to clean it and the aluminum just rubbed away taking with it the preproduction body number with it. I should know better.
  16. Jeffrey.Sweeney

Steering Wheel Removal

Sounds like the voice of experience. LOL. Thanks for the tip.
  17. Jeffrey.Sweeney

Steering Wheel Removal

Does anyone know off the top of their head the size of the nut that holds the steering wheel to the upper shaft in an S2? It's bigger than any socket I have so I'm going to buy the correct size. I don't want to buy a full set so I'm asking if anyone knows.
  18. Jeffrey.Sweeney

New Wheels.

They look great.
  19. Jeffrey.Sweeney

Series II Hard Top trunk hinge pins needed

I'm hoping someone may have a set of these or someone had them reproduced. My hard top pins, while functional, have seen better days. The screws that hold the pin assembly to the hard top are broke so that they just spin and I can't remove the assembly without some surgery and then I don't...