• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. twentyover

2.9 V6 info

Looks like the setup used on Ford Capri 2.8i, circa 1982-1986
  2. twentyover

2.9 V6 info

Jim is correct- The European 2.9 Scorpio intake mates to a lower intake similar to the Ranger/BII (actually may be the same casting w/ different water routing)
  3. twentyover

2.9 V6 info

I believe the ratio is 1.55:1, stock being 1.5:1. Had Rocker Arms Unlimited redrill a set of 2.8 adjustable rocker adjuster screws at an angle, needed specific pushrods as a result. Oiling is as factory. Lifters are SBF solid lifters.
  4. twentyover

2.9 V6 info

Clarkston MI (a suburb of detroit- about halfway between Detroit and Flint, near Pontiac to Leavenworth WA- Actually about halfway between the town of Leavenworth and Stevens Pass along US Hiway 2
  5. twentyover

2.9 V6 info

Dan- the engine never got to that point where I mounted a water pump, and crank and W/P pulley. It pretty much sits as in the picture. The engine is in WA right now, while I'm in MI with the house move, I'll try to continue minor assembly next time I'm there at the end of August. I'll at...
  6. twentyover

2.9 V6 info

Engine is wearing an ATI dampener. This is a 2 piece deal, with a custom hub and a chevy dampening wheel. There is no integral pulley- it uses a BBC pulley screwed to the hub, projecting in front of the dampening wheel. Never investigated a different pulley setup
  7. twentyover

2.9 V6 info

And just because I'm scatter brained- There is a cheap 2.9 high compression piston available. Mahle makes a 94mm piston for the aircooled VW guys, in two versions, one for a stroker and one for a non-stroker motors. The correct one is essentially flat topped zero deck pistons in a 2.9, should...
  8. twentyover

2.9 V6 info

Hi Sunbeam Alpine swappers. Greg Fast here, I'm the guy with the Chevy Orange 2.9 Jim shows in the first post. I wrote Jim a lengthy rambling history about the engine, and rather than repost it I think the best idea is for me to tighten the editing and give a bit of background. The engine was...