• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. ernestovumbles

Sunbeam Alpine: Changing the Gearbox and Overdrive Oil

Thanks again @Tim R for providing the video and additional information. I was able to perform my first transmission oil change this morning. The rubber plug took some work to pry out. The rest was pretty straight forward, just slow to fill the new oil. The shifting doesn't feel any...
  2. ernestovumbles

1st time valve adjustment

Mine is stashed in the trunk next to the spare tire. Looks like/doubles as a jack handle Fits into the hole in the front of the car
  3. ernestovumbles

Turn signal assembly for SV

Sorry.. I dont have that. I took apart as little as possible to give my best chance of getting it all back. Hardest part was keeping the small spring and the metal clip in the right spot and holding it all together while reassembling the unit. I was able to make the self-canceling part work...
  4. ernestovumbles

Turn signal assembly for SV

I used this for info when I did mine https://67sunbeamalpinedotcom.wordpress.com/2019/06/21/turn-signal-switch-again-and-again/ I also have a few pictures on my flickr site but not specifically grouped for the turnsignal repair.. I can group them into a single set if you need..
  5. ernestovumbles

Sunbeam Alpine: Changing the Gearbox and Overdrive Oil

Perhaps a dumb question, but any tips on how to remove the rubber interior plug without damaging it? I can pry it back about 1/8 inch by hand, but that is as far as I got..
  6. ernestovumbles

Hardtop color?

Thanks!! It's a really nice looking 6 footer, but a ton of fun to drive.
  7. ernestovumbles

Hardtop color?

I've had both body color and black on mine at various times on my S3 GT .. I prefer no top, but like the red better than the black.
  8. ernestovumbles

No spark frustration

I had a hairline crack on a rotor a few years ago.. Last part of a chain of bad parts that finally got me going.
  9. ernestovumbles

SAOCA facebook page

Thank you!! That is what I would expect to see.. I think the difference is that you are on a "group" and this (and the other one I manage for the Chicago MINI Motoring Club) are set up as a "page" which is perhaps why I am not seeing that option. I agree with you.. Facebook is nice for the...
  10. ernestovumbles

SAOCA facebook page

I can watch.. if you need help, let me know
  11. ernestovumbles

SAOCA facebook page

How about throwing out a facebook "interesting post of the day or week" with a link back to this site, just to get some activity on Facebook and eyes back to here..
  12. ernestovumbles

SAOCA facebook page

I manage a different club page and there is also no public posting ability.. I am also not able to find where to change the setting
  13. ernestovumbles

Watercolor Sunbeam

The group I belong to is called Fuelfed and they specialize in older european cars.. there are lots of really cool unusual vehicles that show up for a once or twice a month cars & coffee events. https://fuelfed.wordpress.com/
  14. ernestovumbles

Watercolor Sunbeam

I was gifted this amazing watercolor painting of my Sunbeam today from the prior owner. The artist who created it is a regular at the car shows I attend. He will sketch and take photos of the cars during the show and then finish up the work later at home. Here he is at work on another car..
  15. ernestovumbles

2024 Club Calendar Monthly Car Articles

That is a real picture.. It's the Leaning tower YMCA in Niles https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaning_Tower_of_Niles
  16. ernestovumbles

2024 Club Calendar Monthly Car Articles

My car is Mr. February.. I've owned it for about 4 years or so, and drove and stored it for a couple years before that from the prior owner. Haven't had many issues after the first year of sorting out ignition and cooling systems, a loose exhaust bolt and broken turn signal switch. There is...
  17. ernestovumbles

SAOCA facebook page

Ok.. color me ignorant.. Didnt realize there was a page. I see it now, but dont see a way to add new posts.
  18. ernestovumbles

2024 Calendar

Got mine over the weekend.. Looks great Huge thanks!
  19. ernestovumbles

Gas leak crossover pipe connectors

Thanks for the tip.. wouldnt have thought of that till it was too late.
  20. ernestovumbles

Gas leak crossover pipe connectors

I guess replacement rubbers go on the list of stuff to do when it gets warmer.. Looks like a messy job in a tight to reach space. The passenger side rubber looks a bit worse physically but has never leaked (so far) Thanks all for the tips on how to get the rubber over the pipe ends. This is a...