• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. jmahall

62' Alpine For Sale

Three year restoration complete. 1 1/2" stack of receipts. 200 miles on fresh engine built with a NEW 1725 short block from Sunbeam Specialties. email jack@mahalls.com for complete list of repairs and new items. See: Sunbeam Alpine Restoration - YouTube
  2. jmahall

Gas Cap

HELP!! Project is now 99.99% finished. Need an S1-2 gas cap and one decent hub cap. Thanks Aftermarket gas cap info????
  3. jmahall

Hub Caps / trim rings

In need of one trim ring and two, preferably three hub caps. Series two if it makes a difference. Attached pic is what I have now. Thanks
  4. jmahall

Brake Rotors

Looking for a pair of front rotors for my S2 Thanks
  5. jmahall

Brake Rotors

Looking for a pair of front rotors for my S2. Any help appreciated.
  6. jmahall

S2 hardtop trim

Looking for the two hardtop trim pieces for the S1/2 top that join the rear and side trim. Either or both. Thanks
  7. jmahall

Hardtop issue

Almost done with project and fitting the hardtop. Issue is with the "B" pillar attach point. The fitting in the chassis is 3/8 nf and the bracket on the hardtop is also threaded. How can this be? The brackets were re-chromed But that doesn't explain the threading. Thanks
  8. jmahall

Hardtop to windshield seal

Any tricks out there to install a new seal in the channel on the hardtop?
  9. jmahall

Latch part

Would anyone have a left side striker in decent shape?
  10. jmahall

Erratic speedo

The speedo is jumping around and it's not the cable. Odo and trip meters seem fine. Any ideas as to lubing the innards?
  11. jmahall

S2 hardtop wedges

There is a wedge behind the B pillar hold down bracket. Didn't realize it wasn't just a spacer till I went to replace it. Does the pointy side go to the inside or outside. Thanks
  12. jmahall

Serial number plate.

All mine were gone and want to replace. I have the left side one (vin, color etc) but need to know what the right side number is supposed to represent. Looks to be either an oval or a strip with some numbers stamped in. Is this the "body number"? Is there any relationship to the vin? Thanks
  13. jmahall

Hood issue

When I close the hood the hinges contact the back side of the grill and pushes it out. I might be able to shift the hinges aft but it would negate the two forward attach points. See attachment Any ideas?
  14. jmahall

Hood latch

I'm so close to finishing the project that I'm down to aligning the hood latch. Being a bit afraid of just pushing it in and discovering it won't release, I need some advice. In the pictures the assembly in the cowl is inclined, but the post on the hood is perpendicular to the bottom of the...
  15. jmahall

S2 Hardtop

When I got this car the top was in terrible condition. Head liner and screen gone, and most of the rubber either missing or unusable. Question? could anyone with an S1-2 that has the top off the car take some pictures of the B pillar area and/or if it's on the car, the same area, inside and...
  16. jmahall

Oil Pressure Gauge Needle Sticking

Speaking of oil gauges: Getting close to finishing the project. Fired up new motor yesterday. Oil pressure gauge came up but stayed there. Needle sticking at high point. Any ideas?
  17. jmahall

Oil pressure guage

Looking for a Jaeger Oil Pressure gauge. Mine goes up but no return.
  18. jmahall

S2 Windshield vertical alignment.

Installing windshield soon. I seem to recall somewhere here about using rubber wedges to get the right angle between the windshield A pillar and the side door glass guide to line up parallel. Any advice here as to what to use and how to install? Thanks
  19. jmahall

Under hood hose issue or shudda taken more before pictures part 3

Getting close to finish line, (see new avatar) got the motor in last week. Issue routing hoses. #1 and 2 are connected though the head but don't know where they go or what they accomplish. #3 is vacuum but again, where's it go from there? #4 is coolant, and I assume it goes to the heater...
  20. jmahall

S 1-2 windshield seals

Looking for a source for new or replacement / alternate seal for the windshield to door glass track on the S2.