• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. JSLoeffl

Series V Seat Diaphragm Hooks

Anyone know why the seat diaphragm hooks supplied by Martha Christiansen are about 3/8" longer than my originals? I believe they are the same diaphragms and hooks supplied by Rick & Curt, but I had Martha doing custom seat covers so I had her send them with. Hook on left is original, hook on...
  2. JSLoeffl

Wanted Seat Back Frame

Looking for a seat back frame for a Series V. Series III thru V have the same seat back frame. One of mine is bent and twisted. Looking for a replacement before I try to straighten it out. In process of reupholstering seats. Post updated to correct series usage.
  3. JSLoeffl

Firewall Hole Schematic Series V

Does anyone have a schematic of what originally goes through which hole in the firewall of a LH drive? Of main interest is which hole is used for the oil gauge feed line, the speedometer cable, and the choke cable?
  4. JSLoeffl

License plate holder - USA plates

For those who may need a plate holder, not OEM style. Here's what I made up for mine. If you want the sketch, PM me and I will e-mail a pdf file you can print out. Edited 9/5/2022 to show final version after paint. Note the top edge was bent back to overlap the valance. Joey
  5. JSLoeffl

Paint color/type in engine bay/suspension

Does anyone have a listing of the type of paint used in the engine bay and front suspension for a Series V? I am wondering what type of Black paint to use on the following components (Gloss?Semi-Gloss?Satin?Flat?) Steering column, Steering center cross tube, Steering relay lever bracket, Horns...
  6. JSLoeffl

1725cc Big End Bearing Supplier?

Does anyone know where the tri-metal rod bearings specified can be purchased? Any place I've looked or asked appear to only supply bi-metal ones. I've even had one vendor tell me the 1725 has never had tri-metal bearings. So what's the scoop? 1725cc engine - WSM145 Sec B Page 26 states the...
  7. JSLoeffl

Series V Clutch Disc Questions

Can anyone explain the why of these clutch discs being so different from each other? Number 2 has got me baffled on what the $#%&, why is it so different. Number 1. Original Borg&Beck OEM disc removed from vehicle in 1983. 4 Single heavy weight springs, slightly rough to the touch greyish black...
  8. JSLoeffl

Series V Clutch Cover

Has anyone been able to locate a source for a Series V Clutch Cover (pressure plate assembly). Joey
  9. JSLoeffl

Windshield Supplier

Does anyone know a source for new Series V windshields? Appears Pilkington no longer has a classic car department selling windshields. Must be a dealer or distributor to even get any information from them now?? Joey
  10. JSLoeffl

Transmission Rebuild

Does anyone know who and where I can get a 1967 Series V all-synchro transmission rebuilt? I believe it may need some new synchronizers etc. Need to shift from 1st to 2nd very slowly and methodically so it doesn't grind! I'm a little mechanically inclined, but do not wish to take on this type of...
  11. JSLoeffl

Cubby Surround

Does anyone have a picture of the cubby surround (backside) showing the mounting studs and location. I have a surround missing the pegs and would like to know what they look like and where there they are located. I will probably epoxy some long studs into the locations and use nuts on the...
  12. JSLoeffl

Series V Standard Dash Panel Finish

I have 1967 Series V with the plastic/bakelite? dash panel. The PO put wood grained self adhesive vinyl on it. I need to know what the original dash panel had on it. Pictures I have seen appear to have a black vinyl material similar to upholstery? Does anyone know what was original? If so was it...