• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

3.5L alpine hits the road

Don't know if anyone else has completed one of these but here are my results. This started as a $300 basket case. Still lots to do but at least it's drivable!
  2. S

omitting windscreen trim

Is it imperative to use the stainless windscreen trim? Want to use just the painted windscreen frame if possible. Thanks
  3. S

windshield wiper post alignment

Hello folks, Trying to install the wiper motor and rack and have run into an issue: drivers side(LH) wiper post keeps popping out of place. What keeps the post aligned properly? just the bezel? Thanks,
  4. S

Now for something just a little bit different...

With all the discussion on axles and rear suspensions I thought I'd show what I've been up to. Most of the replacement axles mentioned on the board(ford 8", dana 44, etc) are scarce as hens teeth up here in WI, so I went the GM route and used '95 camaro axle with 3.42 gears and posi. Narrowed...
  5. S

body panel recommendations

Did a search but didn't come up with much. What supplier has the best fitting parts? Looking for rear fender repair panels. I would try making them but don't think I would be able to form the lip at the wheel arch. Thanks, Dan
  6. S

New guy

New to the forum here. Bought the $300 car from LaCrosse WI. Always liked the Alpine and Tiger, was looking for a project, so I thought...what the hell? Well, it's a little rougher than expected, but I think I can handle it. Built a rotisserie and elevated it last Saturday. Dan