• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

Hardtop for sale

Any idea roundabout what they would charge to ship to Oakland. CA? I think I suddenly want a hardtop from the East Coast :). I'm interested Edit: Just re-read your message, gimme a few. I want the hardtop. Their website is a damn maze, what's the url for their shipping?
  2. S

Hardtop for sale

Pictures of the inside, please? As for best offer (you really should post a price instead, I've tried best offer a few times and got nowhere with it.), I need a hardtop for my IV but if it's on the East Coast, no dice :( Price has to be right.
  3. S

I want to start up a rebuilt 1725 that's been left to sit... for a long time!

Well, I figured out my steam leak... seems the bottom of the Weber is leaking a tiny amount of gasoline on the exhaust manifold and its causing it to heat up. I'll upload a pic later today. If I'm standing on the drivers side facing the trunk it's under the top left corner of the Weber on a fat...
  4. S

Door Glass Help

Thank you Gordon!
  5. S

Door Glass Help

I have a kind of similar issue with my SIV's driver side window where the window won't roll all the way down or up. Figuring the DPO didn't install the window right.
  6. S

There was a light kind of steam, for lack of a better word, when I first started and got the car to idle. It's no longer there. I checked around the motor and beyond a gunked up fuel filter (now replaced) everything is behaving itself. I'm not used to being around an old school engine, I meant...
  7. S

Update: The 1725 lives and idles pretty well. Getting some light vapors from under the carb manifold but nothing seems to be on fire or burning. The engine does run really hot, though and is pretty darn dirty with pebbles and rocks and such that somehow got in a closed hood car that has no trees...
  8. S

Brake Booster Delete

I want to throw this out there and get some opinions/insights/sage advice about this: I want to remove and toss the Girling Booster on my IV for reasons and have spent the last few days looking through the forum, reading up as much as I can. As I understand it, the "best" way to approach this...
  9. S

Turn Signal Light Moulding Screw Size

Thank you Mike!
  10. S

Weber conversion

I'm running a Weber on my SIV. I'll post a pic of my setup tomorrow with the particulars unless someone else beats me to it. You'll love the Weber!
  11. S

Turn Signal Light Moulding Screw Size

I'm working out a ground issue I'm having with the turn signals (putting a ground wire on them) and all of my screws are junk or the absolute wrong screws. What size and type screws did the SIV-V turn signal light mouldings use? The single screw on the outside seems to be a slightly larger size...
  12. S

Electrical Problem

Update: Upon suggestion, I unscrewed the front signals, cleaned them and the steel around them, put them back on and the turn signal might be the problem. The left -front- signal comes on but is at times intermittent, the passenger side nor the rear lights do jack beyond the rear parking lights...
  13. S

Oops, ugly queen on sale...

You know, I remember an Alpine for sale about 10-12 years ago in my neck of the woods that kind of looked like this. Was dirty yellow with a similar fiberglass front, was a Non Jose V6 mod and ran on, of all things, Propane. Wonder if it's the same car... Alpines are beautiful car as it is, why...
  14. S

Electrical Problem

Thank you Mike! I found mine, it was on a hanging plug; a clear plastic Triton with a really bad crack in the plastic. Got the same model number replacement at O'Reilly's, plugged it in... nothing. I checked the butt connectors and they all look fine and uncorroded. I might have miswired it...
  15. S

Thanks for the advice, I will check the insides once its drained. The coolant in the radiator is still filled at the top, is green and I can't see deep into it. I had the radiator re-cured during the rebuild. Anything I could make better or done right, I spent the money on. I didn't want to risk...
  16. S

The radiator was installed brand new with a mix of coolant and water and has sat that way since :/.
  17. S

Exchanged what I had and got a ph8a filter and this oil. Hunting for a Gano Filter atm.
  18. S

Changing Coolant

What is the best way to change the coolant on a rebuilt engine that has sat for a long time? I checked the radiator today and it's full of green coolant. The coolant used has rust inhibitor in it but I'm still concerned since its sat as long as it has. I bought a Gano filter and will be...
  19. S

How much should I add in? I'm going to do an oil/fluid change later today.