• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. F

Sunbeam Rapier series 3 disc brake parts wanted

Looking to add series 3 brakes to my 57 Rapier. I have a complete set of parts but I hesitate to convert to something I can't find spares for. Does anyone know where disc rotors can be sourced, Also what about calipers? Any good used parts around? I have not found any mention of these parts...
  2. F

Rapier stainless rear glass removal

Hi all. Need advice on removing the back glass trim on my 57 Rapier. Specifically the y shaped trim in each corner that covers the 2 main pieces and goes forward to the drip rail . I see one nut on the inside holding a clip in place. It seems like the y piece should just slide forward. It...
  3. F

2800 v6 rebuilt Salinas

Not affiliated, but could be a good deal. https://monterey.craigslist.org/pts/d/salinas-ford-2800-v6-engine/7603993167.html
  4. F

1959 Hillman Husky, side windows

Anyone interested in a pair of side windows for the back of a 59 Hillman husky. These are the sliding type. Decent shape but need a good cleaning. Missing the closing latch on one window. Must pick up in the San Francisco bay area. Free Been in a barn the last 45 years. Hate to throw em away.
  5. F

Hillman Husky Deluxe side windows

Anyone interested in a pair of side windows for the back of a 59 Hillman husky. These are the sliding type. Decent shape but need a good cleaning. Missing the closing latch on one window. Must pick up in the San Francisco bay area. Free Been in a barn the last 45 years. Hate to throw em...
  6. F

1/4 light (windwing)gaskets for Rapier

Hi, need the rubbers for my series 1 Rapier. Kip has them for over $500/pair. Found in England for $400. Has anybody identified a reasonable substitute than can be made to work? I've been told that only the gaskets from 2 door audax will work, not the 4 door versions.
  7. F

4 barrel 2.8 manifold

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/d/petaluma-ford-mustang/7442695923.html Came across this add for a 4 barrel 2.8 manifold, if anyone is interested.
  8. F

Need OD oil pump plunger

Hi, my 59 (Rapier type D, seems the same as alpine) OD oil pump plunger is wore out. The roller is worn down to the plunger body. Does anybody have one for sale or suggestions on how to get one. Looks like I might be able to just replace the roller with a bearing if I knew the proper...
  9. F

ranger, s10 brake question, midget rack

Hi, currently driving my 57 Rapier and enjoying it. It has alpine 4 spindles with alpine 5 hubs and rotors with the .7 master and no booster. Also has alpine 5 trans and rear ed. Looking to the future I'm considering a v6 conversion. Looking at 2 possibilities , either a mild 2.8 conversion...
  10. F

Alpine Tachometer

Hi guys. Anyone have a known good Alpine Series 4 tachometer for sale or trade. Driver quality. 2nd choice would be a Series 5 tach and speedo set. (to keep matching fonts). I realize series 4 is +ground and 5 is -. I will be changing the 4 to - grnd. When i put the 1725 in my series 1...