• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. DaveSeries1

S1 overdrive issue

Good morning, guys. I finally got my new overdrive solenoid from England and installed it. It works fine. One issue before I take it out and try it on the road. The book says to adjust the solenoid throw by having it turned on and engaged. Then put a 3/16 bit through the alignment hole and...
  2. DaveSeries1

Si water temperature sender

Hope someone can help. I've given up trying to find a working temp sensor for the early Alpines, seems no one has one. My question is, does anyone know the approximate difference in the reading of an early sensor to a later sensor? Does a newer one read higher or lower? I'm going to have to put...
  3. DaveSeries1

Overdrive problem

Here's one for the pros. My S1 has been running well during the break in period, most everything is ok. One big problem. My overdrive keeps blowing the fuse when I try to engage it. Power to the solenoid is good, with the Green/Black wire disconnected, it lights a test light. Took the solenoid...
  4. DaveSeries1

Needed to complete my S1

Looking for the last little things I need to finish my S1. Does anyone have a good working overdrive solenoid? and does the same one fit S1-S5? (there's one on ebay in England). Also need a working water temp sensor. I was told that the newer ones won't read correctly with the early gauges...
  5. DaveSeries1

Zenith carb issues

Hi guys, this will be one of many questions I'll have now that my car is up and running. It seems I can't get the correct amount of fuel to the rear carb. It runs pretty well, but with the air screens off and I rev it up, there is no fuel coming from the accelerator jet, and very little from the...
  6. DaveSeries1

Carb settings

Good morning guys. After 4 years, I finally got to start up my S1. Got the timing set, but after going through the WSM, I can find no Starting point for setting the idle air screws. Most carbs would have a starting point like 1 1/2 turns out from closed or something similar. I found nothing in...
  7. DaveSeries1

Spade connectors.

Hi Sunbeam experts. I'm having a real tough time finding the 10mm female spade connectors that go on the back of the Ammeter of my S1. Started wiring the dash recently and I'm installing the correct ammeter. No one in my area has anything like them and no supply houses I've contacted have ever...
  8. DaveSeries1

Generator front plate for S1

Good Afternoon, group. Just wondering if anyone has a spare good condition generator front bearing plate hanging around. Mine has a broken tab and I don't think I could get a secure tightening adjustment with the one I have. Rest of the generator is fine, new brushes etc. Can anyone help...
  9. DaveSeries1

Car Rotisserie for sale

Have removed my S1 from my rotisserie so will no longer be needing it. Purchased new from Weaver, It's a 3000lb fully rotational rotisserie. Included are the mounting brackets I had made that go in the jack mounts and bumper bolt holes. You can spin the car a full 360 degrees with little effort...
  10. DaveSeries1

Headlight buckets

Would anyone out there possibly have a pair of good condition headlight buckets for an S1? Don't need to be mint, just no rot. Thanks, Dave
  11. DaveSeries1

Wiring harness change

Hi guys, have a new question for the pros. I started re-connecting the wiring on my S1 and ran into some confusion. It's the original harness that was in the car, and the car has all original components. (Although very dirty and rusted when I got it). There is a White with Red tracer wire going...
  12. DaveSeries1

Need some driveshaft help

Hi guys, need some advice from the pros. With the engine and transmission back in my S1, I went to install the driveshaft and it wouldn't go. Went in about 1/2" and stopped solid. Has new, correct seal, and splines are clean and lubed. Checked the snap ring, in place correctly. I tried the...
  13. DaveSeries1

Oil pan drain plug

Does anyone out there have a good condition S1 drain plug they are willing to sell? I need one in better shape than the one I have. Thanks.
  14. DaveSeries1

S1 Door alignment

Hi guys, wonder if anyone could help me. Started putting the doors on my S1, original doors and no modifications to the A or B pillars. Hinges aligned decently. My problem is when the door is closed and latched, there is a about 1/8" gap between the door and the body. The strike is moved in as...
  15. DaveSeries1

S1 Exhaust hangers and brackets needed.

First, a big thanks for the help on my door dovetail problem. Now I'm looking for the hanger brackets and clamps for my S1 project. Seems none of the suppliers carry them and my car had none on when I got it. Need everything up to the "Y" piece. I see that rubber mounts are available. Dave
  16. DaveSeries1

Drivers side Dovetail latch

Hi guys. Before I drop money on ebay, does anyone here have a dovetail door latch assembly that will fit an S1 driver's side door? Need one sooner than later. Thanks, Dave
  17. DaveSeries1

Looking for rear window track for S1

I'm restoring the doors on my S1 and found the rear window track for the passenger door was missing. Anyone have one? The doors are apart now being primed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave
  18. DaveSeries1

Alpine transmission for sale

Got this along with some other parts when I bought my S1. Don't think it went with it as the numbers seem later. Is all complete inside, everything moves smoothly and splines look really nice. Gears look great inside, no bent shafts or any outside damage. Was stored with oil in it. I'm in NC...
  19. DaveSeries1

Tonneau cover

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone out there have a useable Tonneau cover for an early S1? Maybe one that can be used for a pattern at least. thanks, Dave
  20. DaveSeries1

Battery box

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone out there would have a good condition battery box I could weld into my S1? Mine is badly rotted out. Also, still looking for an outer spoke for my 13" S1 wheels. Want to get them blasted and stripped soon. Thanks