• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. DaveSeries1

S1-S2 hard top and new rear window for sale

I've decided not to restore and use the original hard top that came with my Alpine. It's in decent unrestored shape, no dents or cracks. Some of the original metal parts are pretty rusty, but still there. Has all original mounting hardware but will need re-chroming. All trim present except the...
  2. DaveSeries1

April 5+6 2024- Columbia, SC Invasion.

Eric, wanted to make sure you know, we're all registered and have Hotel reservations made. Wil be trailering the car down, so will need trailer storage space. Looking forward to meeting everyone, Dave & Deb.
  3. DaveSeries1

We registered the car and are making reservations at the hotel this week. I will be trailering the car down so will need to have trailer storage arranged. Will be bringing some small parts, nothing special. Look forward to seeing everyone, Regards, Dave
  4. DaveSeries1

S1 overdrive issue

Good morning, guys. I finally got my new overdrive solenoid from England and installed it. It works fine. One issue before I take it out and try it on the road. The book says to adjust the solenoid throw by having it turned on and engaged. Then put a 3/16 bit through the alignment hole and...
  5. DaveSeries1

Si water temperature sender

Thank you, guys for all the help. I'll see if I can get in touch with Speedy Spares and see what they can do. Dave
  6. DaveSeries1

Si water temperature sender

Hope someone can help. I've given up trying to find a working temp sensor for the early Alpines, seems no one has one. My question is, does anyone know the approximate difference in the reading of an early sensor to a later sensor? Does a newer one read higher or lower? I'm going to have to put...
  7. DaveSeries1

Overdrive problem

All original to the car, does not have the self-cancelling function. Power is good right down to the solenoid.
  8. DaveSeries1

Overdrive problem

My fuses are 35amp, no problems unless the overdrive is actuated. As I mentioned before, I disconnect the wire at the solenoid, and it has steady 12vts and lights a test light. connect it to the solenoid, and the fuse blows. I figure that means the solenoid is shorted out. The wires from the...
  9. DaveSeries1

Overdrive problem

Thanks for the replies. I'll try to answer as well as I can. Only other thing on the circuit is the horn, and that works fine, doesn't blow the fuse. Has original wiring harness (all tested before re-installing). Rebuilt generator, new voltage regulator. Still positive ground. Has ammeter and...
  10. DaveSeries1

Overdrive problem

Here's one for the pros. My S1 has been running well during the break in period, most everything is ok. One big problem. My overdrive keeps blowing the fuse when I try to engage it. Power to the solenoid is good, with the Green/Black wire disconnected, it lights a test light. Took the solenoid...
  11. DaveSeries1

Car is mostly complete and running. Not show quality, but plan on bringing it.
  12. DaveSeries1

Hydrodipping Dashboard

That came out great.
  13. DaveSeries1

Needed to complete my S1

My transmission is original to the car, engine too. When I engage the overdrive, the fuse it shares with the horn blows. (doesn't blow when using the horn.) When I disconnect the Green/Black wire and put a test light to the wire, it lights. So, it seems the relay is all ok, but the solenoid must...
  14. DaveSeries1

Needed to complete my S1

Looking for the last little things I need to finish my S1. Does anyone have a good working overdrive solenoid? and does the same one fit S1-S5? (there's one on ebay in England). Also need a working water temp sensor. I was told that the newer ones won't read correctly with the early gauges...
  15. DaveSeries1

Zenith carb issues

Guys, Success! It was the check valve in the bowl. Changed it out with a spare, worked fine. Thanks very much for the input and suggestions. This group has been a big help during my 4 1/2-year restoration.
  16. DaveSeries1

Zenith carb issues

If I prime the chamber and push it down, it'll spray, but will not refill the chamber after that.
  17. DaveSeries1

Zenith carb issues

The ball is there and not stuck. I do wonder if the non-return valve in the bottom of the chamber is stuck open as a tiny amount of fuel will get into the piston area, but not enough to fill the chamber. I know the ball is good and not stuck. I do like the Zeniths very much and had them on my...
  18. DaveSeries1

Zenith carb issues

They've just been completely rebuilt after cleaning in an ultrasonic parts cleaner. Two rebuild kits and careful reassembly, check valves are there and clean. Front carb is fine. With top cover off, I push the brass plunger down repeatedly, and no fuel sprays out. I wonder if the piston is worn...
  19. DaveSeries1

Zenith carb issues

Hi guys, this will be one of many questions I'll have now that my car is up and running. It seems I can't get the correct amount of fuel to the rear carb. It runs pretty well, but with the air screens off and I rev it up, there is no fuel coming from the accelerator jet, and very little from the...
  20. DaveSeries1

Show off your Sunbeam

Four years restoration, just on the road this week. '60 S1.