• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. W

free spares in Florida

My Alpine is gone. I have spares left over that I'm giving away for free. series 3 motor and transmission, stromburg carbs and manifolds, gas tank, drivers side, starter cores, exhaust headers, seat for series 5 passenger with track drivers side seat track, body parts..passenger door, back 1/2...
  2. W

'68 Series 5 for sale

Selling my '68 Series 5 Alpine. In the last group of '68 cars. Running and driving project. Many spares..motor, transmission, body parts, etc $5k Located in Central Florida.
  3. W

1960 series 1

not my listing https://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/d/asheville-1960-sunbeam-alpine-series-1/7189692786.html
  4. W

Electric conversion?

Is anyone working on one? I did a search and the newest post was several years old.
  5. W

bench testing a wiper motor

I'm trying to bench test the wiper motor on my '68 Alpine. If I'm reading the wiring diagram correctly I should hook the 12 volt power to the red wire and the ground to the black attached to the case. Then I should be able to connect either of the other 2 wire to the power wire to make the...
  6. W

Series 3 motor and trans

I have a series 3 motor, and transmission for sale. I was told it was running when removed. It came with my Alpine as a spare when I bought it. $800 Can be picked up, I'm in Florida
  7. W

Vent covers

It seems these are quite scarce and the prices for used are high. I made my 1st one today using my bead roller, a cutting disc and a file. Wayne
  8. W

Tachometer help

I have a Series 5 Alpine. My tach has been running 2x the motor speed. I purchased another tach that turned out to be a positive earth. I did the switch of the resistor and ground wire. I have installed it and now can't get it to work. I have the white wire spade connector hooked up. I have...
  9. W

Transmission advice

I have just put my transmission back in my S5 Alpine. I replaced the Pilot bearing, clutch, PP, and resurfaced the flywheel. I noticed the front shaft was wobbly. After filling with oil the front seal has started leaking quite heavily. I have ordered a front seal, front input shaft bearing...
  10. W

Floor pan

While I'm quarantined I decided to cut out the rusted driver side floor and make a replacement pan. I cut the side of an old filing cabinet, trimmed and trimmed to fit, then used my bead roller to make the impressions. I am please how it looks. Now to clean up the rusty areas, prime, paint and...
  11. W

Rotisserie for sale

Good rotisserie for sale. Last used on a 1st gen Mustang. located in Florida. $700.00
  12. W

Vacuum lines with Weber carb.

I've installed the new Weber carb. I can't find the correct routing of all the vacuum lines and pcv valve. I don't have a brake booster. How should I route the lines? Hose from side plate? Hole on top of the intake between #1 and # 2? Hole in the air cleaner? Hole in the canister on top...
  13. W

Weber conversion, tips?

I've ordered a Weber conversion for my Series 5 Alpine. Are there any tips or tricks I need to know? Thanks, Wayne
  14. W

Alpine DB5 comparison

Is it just me that sees a likeness between these 2 cars.
  15. W

Reviving dead paint

Bringing the paint back from the dead. 2000 wet sandpaper, Sure Finish polish, Meguires Carnuba wax.
  16. W

Turn signal lever

I'm in need of a Series 5 turn signal lever, and a rear view mirror for the windshield. Thanks, Wayne
  17. W

Starter removal

1968 Series V 1725 motor. Do the exhaust down pipes need to be removed to get the starter out?
  18. W

Cleaning gas tanks formula

I found the formula to clean the tanks and pipes on my Alpine. After removing them, this is what I did. I bought 3, 2 1/2 gallon jugs of concentrated 'Purple Power'. I used this full strength. I soaked the tanks for 24 hours and it removed all the paint. I flushed them with my pressure...
  19. W

metal brake

I made a sheet metal brake to help with forming the floor pans on my Alpine. One step closer.
  20. W

master cylinder removal

I'm having difficulty removing the master cylinder on my S5. I have the bolts removed, the clevis pin removed, the lines removed. The clevis will not slide through the spring on the inside of the fire wall. The shaft will not release from the master cylinder. Please tell me how to get this...