• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. B

5 speed transmission install needed

I have a 67 series v Alpine with a stock 4 speed transmission. I'd like to replace the 4 speed with a more modern 5 speed transmission to allow for better cruising at lower rpm's. That job is well beyond my abilities. Can anyone recommend the best option for the replacement transmission and a...
  2. B

turn signal not working

I recently replaced the turn signal switch on my SV as my left signal wouldn't work unless held down. I got the switch from SS. Once replaced I connected it all back up and tested it before connecting it to the steering column. It worked exactly as it should. Then I connected it to the...
  3. B

brake lights not working

Have series V car. When brakes are applied brake lights come on, but stay on only an instant. Then they go out. I've tried testing the brake switch by disconnecting the wires from the terminals of the switch and then joining them together. Doing that does not activate the brake lights. Tail...
  4. B

How do Identify the rear end gear ratio in my 67 series V

How do identify the rear end gear ratio in my 67 series V without tearing into it?
  5. B

Alpine wheels and tires

I just bought a 1967 Alpine and I am looking to upgrade the original 13" wheels and tires. Would like something that accommodates a wider tire. Any suggestions that don't involve altering the fender wells.