• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

3 Boxes and an engine

I have over three med sixe boxes of parts including many new parts: spax shocks, door and boot gasket sets, new S.U.N.B.E.A.M. chrome letters and many more. Also lots of used but in great shape trim, head light bezels, and a series 1 1960 original engine. All inclusive worth well over 600 (spax...
  2. S

Series 1 parts

engine Sorry but engine is entact and won't be parted out. For the price I am asking for it very worth while - 400. u pay shipping. And no - no soft top frame
  3. S

Alpine rack & pinion

Issues I too am using a 3.4; also want to upgrade to a modern steering amongst other things. One issue I have is that there are others out there that have done the crossmember mod, but can't, haven't or don't like to share unless it is in exchange for a significant amount of cash. Last one...
  4. S

Series 1 parts

I have an engine complete, transmission no overdrive, front shocks, rear axle, tonneau cover fair condition, lots of misc small parts, connectors, etc you can PM I'll send pictures.
  5. S

early series grille parts

Need one too I need any and all grill pieces for a 1960 Series 1. Do have other Series 1 parts willing to trade or sell as well.
  6. S

Gas Tank Sealing

OK Was thinking about taking my Series 1 tank out and throwing it away, no dents, cracks or anything actually holds gas too. But thought I would update and upgrade to a fuel cell. But thinking I'll save a few hundred and use it to buy a can or two of POR15 tank treatment and some other parts I...
  7. S

Alpine And Tiger Trunk Lift Support Project

looks good to me Between rusty old springs, boots that put indentations in the back of ones head (twice) the gas shocks is an obvious way to upgrade. If your a purist and have no issues with original hardware then so be it. For some of us, we like to improve the look and this definately does...
  8. S

Headlights?

Can't find any original headlight buckets nor new ones. Is anyone using headlight buckets from donor cars? If so which would be a besty fit for a Series 1? Thanks in advance
  9. S

62 Mazpine resto-mod Phase 2

awesome If only I had that kind of forsight!! Ok and the tools...... ok and the skill. Well done, will keep posted I am totally inspired to complete my restoration.
  10. S

Felts and Rubbers

Thanks Nuf said, thanks alot will call them on Monday
  11. S

Lowering an Alpine

Wondering Just contemplating a couple things. I am using a 3.4 litre chev engine, was going to use a GM10 inch or Ford 9 inch and cut it down to size. BUUTT if the stock rear diff will hold together with the new engine then I will keep it. AS for the main question can I use a 4 link coil over...
  12. S

Lowering an Alpine

Wondering Just contemplating a couple things. I am using a 3.4 litre chev engine, was going to use a GM10 inch or Ford 9 inch and cut it down to size. BUUTT if the stock rear diff will hold together with the new engine then I will keep it. AS for the main question can I use a 4 link coil over...
  13. S

replacement front calipers for series V

Other applications Does anyone have an idea of aftermarket or other manufacturers (GM/Ford) that would fit a series 1?
  14. S

High Clearance Alpine Roll Around

safety Unfortunately, when short of funds for the proper equipment we result in using substandard or home made products. The end result is either it goes well, in which you thank whom ever you need to thank. It doesnt go well and only damages the car you have spent hundred of hours working on...
  15. S

fitting a T5

pictures Anyone have some pictures of this process? Sounds simple but I do better with a diagram or pictures than words and yes still look at comic books!!:p Looked at the ones posted here but looking for before - during and after? Would we need to do this mod if we are going to run a slimmer...
  16. S

I still hate body work

Headlights Like the headlights, :D did you model them from a Porche? If not what?
  17. S

Felts and Rubbers

Looking for a North American supplier of both window felts and weatherstripping. Need all of it for a Series 1 (doors, engrine, boot, windshield and window felts etc) \:eek:
  18. S

Series I or II brake resevoir bracket

Maybe I may stil have the parts (bracket) you need. I am not sure tho as my parts are all over the place. Gentleman I bought the Series 1 from already had it apart and never labelled anything. I am not using several parts from it and have them available. Too many to list, would need a picture...
  19. S

Suspension mods

Anyone have any info on using S10 front end in an Alpine?!? I am using a 3.4 litre from a 95 camero and heard that S10 front end and rear diff were a good alternative. If so how much fabricating will I need for mounts etc?!?! Looking for some advice.