• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. A

1966 Sunbeam Alpine for sale

1966 Sunbeam Alpine for sale. Going back thru forum you will see the history New short block installed. runs - tach and speedometer not working Electric fuel pump, new top sometime after 1995... $15,000 - located in salt lake city area, hoping not to move it to colorado in 3 weeks. mostly...
  2. A

1725 Camshaft Question

My name is Mike. I have the 66 Sunbeam Alpine that threw a rod the day after I bought it about 2 years ago. The mechanic finally has the engine apart and is moving things to the Sunbeam Specialties short block. Turns out one or two lifters seized and it was not (they don't think oil pressure...
  3. A

1966 Sunbeam Alpine Engine Replacement

I finally found someone to swap my engine with a Sunbeam Specialties crate engine in Salt Lake. Mine was the one that threw a rod two years ago. I have the notes on the oil pressure valve for him to look at too. Is there anything else I should have done while the engine is out? I am putting...
  4. A

Fuel Streaming from Carb

i have a 1963 series 2 with a 1725 and zenith carbs. There is a lot of fuel coming from the front carb through an engine side hole on the carb. It has an electric pump that is producing 5 psi. I purchased this car in June, have been driving it regularly as in a daily driver at least three...
  5. A

New Member - and threw a rod

Yesterday I bought a 1966 Alpine. Checked out okay. Looks to be original and garaged its whole life. The same family owned it for all but two months of its life. The motor was rebuilt in 2009. Today on the way to the DMV to register, it sent a rod and other parts out the left side of the...