• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. A

1966 Sunbeam Alpine for sale

Car is now out of storage unit and available to see. I'm asking 11,500. It runs and we have been driving it a little bit on back roads up here. I moved and lost my shop space and still have too many cars and projects. It is mostly original. History listed in thread above.
  2. A

Car is still for sale. Located in Bailey Colorado. Mike
  3. A

It will either be in Conifer or at a hangar near Denver airport. Let me know...
  4. A

Car is now in Conifer Colorado - still for sale
  5. A

12500 - still in utah for another month at least...
  6. A

New Sunbeam block, hardened valve seats, new oil pump - has electric pump - mostly original - Blew the Engine in 2018 a day after I bought it. Bought a new engine, took two years to realize I wasn't gonna get to it, especially since I had a 63 series 2 to drive with a 1725 installed. I took...
  7. A

1966 Sunbeam Alpine for sale. Going back thru forum you will see the history New short block installed. runs - tach and speedometer not working Electric fuel pump, new top sometime after 1995... $15,000 - located in salt lake city area, hoping not to move it to colorado in 3 weeks. mostly...
  8. A

1725 Camshaft Question

My name is Mike. I have the 66 Sunbeam Alpine that threw a rod the day after I bought it about 2 years ago. The mechanic finally has the engine apart and is moving things to the Sunbeam Specialties short block. Turns out one or two lifters seized and it was not (they don't think oil pressure...
  9. A

1966 Sunbeam Alpine Engine Replacement

How many hours would I be looking at for someone to strip down the motor and check measurements and what not???
  10. A

Can the PRV valve be cleaned and reused? If not, where would I get a replacement. I don't see one in the sunbeam specialties catalog? Don't know about the fancy timing chain cover...
  11. A

I finally found someone to swap my engine with a Sunbeam Specialties crate engine in Salt Lake. Mine was the one that threw a rod two years ago. I have the notes on the oil pressure valve for him to look at too. Is there anything else I should have done while the engine is out? I am putting...
  12. A

Fuel Streaming from Carb

thanks for the advice. I put the regulator in, tapped on the carb, then drained the fuel out. Works great!
  13. A

Fuel Streaming from Carb

that's what it looks like except more distance on the stream... I am looking at a mr gasket adjustable regulator for 36$. Is that about right or is there something better on the market specific to this car? If I take the carb off, will I have to sync it with the other when I reinstall?
  14. A

Fuel Streaming from Carb

150CD i think - angled air filters and a big plastic part on top
  15. A

Fuel Streaming from Carb

i have a 1963 series 2 with a 1725 and zenith carbs. There is a lot of fuel coming from the front carb through an engine side hole on the carb. It has an electric pump that is producing 5 psi. I purchased this car in June, have been driving it regularly as in a daily driver at least three...
  16. A

New Member - and threw a rod

Thank you for the comments. I’m glad to know I was probably the cause, and not necessarily a total lemon. I should have paid attention to the normal oil pressure. My exuberance at finally getting one overcame my common sense on checking things out more thoroughly. Probably a mistake I will...
  17. A

New Member - and threw a rod

I was doing somewhere between 60 and 70 on the highway. Tach doesn’t work. The oil pressure was about 20. No ticking that I heard. The coolant took off about 3 seconds before the bang. I don’t mind the acceleration. Are there any other parts I should be worried about in addition to the...