• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Fergusonic

2.8 head SOLD

I have an extra Ford 2.8 BARE Head... 1984..... for sale.... just make an offer and I'll add Shipping Fee SOLD
  2. Fergusonic

2.8 EFI

After doing the Offy Intake and 390 Holley for a couple seasons; I decided I would try the Holley Sniper EFI. The engine has the 36-241-4 Comp cam, 2.9 valves, ported relieved, 3 angle grind, and Headers. At around $650 for an Offy Intake I did not want to modify it for the EFI; so I utilized...
  3. Fergusonic

Holley 390 cfm carb

SOLD SOLD SOLDFor that 2.8L conversion: Holley 390 cfm 0-8007 model 4160 4 bbl Electric choke square bore. Summit Racing new = $545 This one used one Summer-- will sell for $350 + shipping.
  4. Fergusonic

Rockers

2.8L V6 Ford: Are the Rockers for the early 2.8 (1970's)the same as the Late 2.8 (1980s) ?
  5. Fergusonic

Hardtop

Not mine but seen on Facebook's Marketplace, Indianapolis, In: (Just type in Sunbeam Alpine in the SEARCH box on marketplace, Indy) Late model Steel Hardtop, looks to have surface rust only, side glass included, trim pieces. It's in Dundas, IL and he has it advertised at only$800.00. just...
  6. Fergusonic

Seat Back positioning

SV. With the seat back in the straight up position and in the fully reclined position; the locking lever will engage easily. When trying to find any other position (which is comfortable to driving) it is difficult to find any position where the locking lever will engage. I have to hunt for...
  7. Fergusonic

SV Alternator

SOLD SOLD SOLD 1967 SV Alternator spins freely and true. Was working when removed. BRACKET IS NOT INCLUDED. $40 + Shipping to lower 48. PM me
  8. Fergusonic

SOLD SOLD SOLD Stock 13" steel wheels

I have a set (4) stock steel 13" wheels from my SV. They have a stamping of 1214930 and /64. They are in good condition with a couple of very minor curb rashes. Sell for $60.00 + shipping to lower U.S. 48. PM me if interested.
  9. Fergusonic

SOLD SOLD ....SV Shifter

From my 1967 Alpine SV 4 speed tranny: Shifter with the Detent thingies. Chrome in good shape as are the threads. Includes the switch as pictured. $25.00 + Shipping (Lower 48 only)
  10. Fergusonic

SOLD SOLD...1725 Rocker Arm assy / Pushrods

Original from my 1967 SV 1725 engine: Rocker Arm assy with all mtg studs, nuts and washers. I see no galling and engine was running fine when disassembled. Included are all push Rods. Lower 48 states only MAKE OFFER + Shipping.
  11. Fergusonic

SOLD / SOLD Horn contact / conductor / plate

For sale from a SV: Horn contact -Conductor-Plate brass thingie. .... or whatever ya wanna call it. Plus the spring. $20 + shipping to U.S. Lower 48.
  12. Fergusonic

Ford 2.8 V6: Davis Distributor

Anybody here use the Davis Unified Ignition Duraspark Distributor for their 2.8 V6 (Ford) ? And , if so, likie or no?
  13. Fergusonic

Ignition Switch SV

Fully functionable. As is. $20.00 + shipping Lower 48 only
  14. Fergusonic

I need a set: Hardened Woodruff Keys

Does anybody out there have a set of Hardened Woodruff Keys for my SV ? I have a new set from SS knowing that they are NOT hardened,,,, but I bought them so I would have the exact size to compare any hardened ones that I get. Bradly
  15. Fergusonic

SIV and SV stock Hardtop questions

Given proper rubber and fitment; the Hardtop rattle / squeak when driving? Given proper rubber and fitment; does a hardtop wear the body paint severely? Is the cabin hotter, cooler, or the same when sporting a Hardtop vs a Convertible top? Is the wind sound quieter with a Hardtop vs a...
  16. Fergusonic

That 2.8 V6 sound

I installed a 2.8 V6 Ford in my SV. It has the Offy Intake, 390 carb, Comp Cam 36-241-4 (.264 Duration- .428 lift) , 2.9 valves with Port work done, + DanR's Headers. It runs just fine. As I am excellerating thru the T5 gears, at around 3400 rpm the sound of the engine dramatically changes...
  17. Fergusonic

Paint type

SV: what is the original Paint type?.... Enamel? Lacquer? or ???
  18. Fergusonic

SOLD / SOLD 1967 SV 1725 /SOLD SOLD

I done a Ford 2.8 V6 / T5 swap on my '67 Alpine so now I have the original 1725 engine, bolt-ons, and 4 sp transmission in all their greasy glory For Sale. The engine ran fine with 75K miles and did not smoke and the transmission shift ok. It is in Kokomo, Indiana. I may be able to deliver it...
  19. Fergusonic

Rear shock absorber '68 Camaro

1967 SV Alpine Rear Shocks: Knowing that Gas filled shocks extend themselves automatically before installation; will Gas Filled '68 Camaro Rear Shock Absorbers raise the rear of the Alpine?