• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Bill Eisinger

Series I Cantrails

I’ve seen some discussion that Cantrails didn’t arrive until the SII but Plate D - Section YV and the parts list show them…Part #187, left and right. I of course need them along with the associated brackets and spring clips. Anybody out there with some?
  2. Bill Eisinger

Boise Area FB Market Place Early Series

Not sure if it’s a SII-or SIII but not a bad looking car…price might be on the high side but after going through (and still going) the restoration of an SI, it seems pretty good to me! https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/911508749871343/?mibextid=6ojiHh
  3. Bill Eisinger

V6 Conversion Oil Pressure Sending Unit

What is everybody doing with regard to the oil pressure sending unit on V6 conversions where you have replaced the instrument panel gauges...assuming you aren't staying with the stock gauge setup with the oil line, etc.? I've replaced all the instruments and am now trying to figure out how to...
  4. Bill Eisinger

Sparto Back Up Lights Location

I’m ready to install a set of Sparto back up lights on my SI….does anyone have the installation instructions or measurements as to where they should be mounted?…it’s not particularly critical but I’d like to get it as close to correct as possible.
  5. Bill Eisinger

Early Series Tail Light Retainer Brackets

I need the u-shaped brackets that the tail light housings bolt to on early series cars. They commonly break off as did 3 of mine which my body/paint guy then proceeded to lose. Need 1 top and both bottoms....I can likely eventually kluge something that will work but I'm not all that great at...
  6. Bill Eisinger

SI-SIII Tail Light Retainer Brackets

On my SI restoration, the welds on 3 of the 4 tail light retainer brackets were broken...my body guy was supposed to weld the brackets still back in but instead he lost them. Does anybody have a couple (top and bottom) that I could borrow for a pattern to fab some...or better yet sell me...
  7. Bill Eisinger

Early Series Hardtop Aluminum Alloy

Does anyone know what aluminum alloy was used in the early series hardtops? I’m assuming it’s 3003 as that’s the most common. We have some welding to do to repair the top for my SI project and want to make sure we get it right as it’s going to be difficult enough as it is to keep from messing it...
  8. Bill Eisinger

Back-Up Lights

There are a few older threads on the subject but what are people currently using for back up lights? I know in the past there were some Wipac repros available but I can't seem to find a source although there are other similar looking styles available. I've been trying to find some pictures of...
  9. Bill Eisinger

SI-SII Side Glass Install Procedure

I’m ready to install the side glass in my SI restoration project and am trying to figure out the best process. I reviewed the video on the process for later series cars but the window assemblies are substantially different than the early series so I’m wondering if anyone has photos or a step by...
  10. Bill Eisinger

Front Glass Channel Guides - SI or S2

I need the driver's side front glass channel guide or track (whatever it’s called) for an SI or SII....the ones down inside the door…SI and SII have different part numbers but I believe they are the same…if not, I specifically need SI….I'll take a pair for both sides if you don't want to...
  11. Bill Eisinger

Wiper Motor Mounting

Can anyone post a picture of the later series wiper motor bracket and motor and how it mounts in the car? Series III or later. Thanks.
  12. Bill Eisinger

SI Instruments - Free to a good home—GONE

I have a Speedometer, Fuel Gauge, Oil Pressure Gauge, and a Tach removed from a Series I. I have no idea of the condition except the tach is missing its indicator needle. Based on the quantities and prices on EBay I think I’m happy to let them go for just the price of shipping via USPS Priority...
  13. Bill Eisinger

Rear Quarter Patch Panel For Sale-SOLD

Driver's side rear quarter patch panel. Fabbed by Chris Lunn. $50 plus shipping.
  14. Bill Eisinger

Steering Wheel Horn Pad Restoration

Has anyone developed a technique for removing the foam horn pad from the steering wheel cap assembly? The pad appears to be glued inside a chromed "can" which presses into the hub piece. It's easy enough to pry the can and foam pad assembly out of the hub but I'd like to be able to remove the...
  15. Bill Eisinger

SI-SII Hardtop Detail

I'm in the process of restoring the hardtop for my SI project and have a question about the weather stripping on the front edge of the top (where it meets the windshield frame). The parts diagram shows a header rail (E261) and a header rail weather strip (E213) both of which were missing when I...
  16. Bill Eisinger

SI-SII Rear View Mirror

What is everybody doing for early series rear view mirrors? They seem to be in the unobtainable category. Is there a suitable alternative which glues to the glass that looks OK size and design wise? The late series mount is available in repro (SS appears to be out of stock but Sunbeam Spares...
  17. Bill Eisinger

SV - Spindle to Control Arm Assembly

I'm in the process of re-assembling the front suspension for my V6 conversion project. I have a question for the experts....the illustrated diagrams and parts list do not show a washer between the rubber boot of the ball joint and the flat surface of the spindle (see photo). Is there any reason...
  18. Bill Eisinger

SI-SII Hardtop Gasket

On the early series hardtops there is a gasket or seal that is affixed to the bracket on the hardtop that bolts to the body fitting...see attached photo...Item 210. That piece is not available anywhere. Can someone tell me the approximate thickness?...I assume it is rubber and not a problem to...
  19. Bill Eisinger

Old Air Product Hurricane Mock Up for Sale

For anyone contemplating installation of a new heat/AC system in an Alpine I have an Old Air Products Hurricane plastic mockup box that I'm done with. The Hurricane unit is a nice compact system that works great in an Alpine...modified of course. $35 plus shipping...Old Air Products sells it...
  20. Bill Eisinger

Series I & II Hardtop Side Seal

I'm trying to source the seal/weatherstrip that goes on the sides of the early series hardtop...between the top and the window. Sunbeam Specialties doesn't carry them any more and a couple of places in England that I checked with don't have them either. Does anyone have a work around?...maybe...