• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Bill Eisinger

Series I Cantrails

Yes…in the illustration it is part #187 which on the parts description list is identified as a Series I cantrail…
  2. Bill Eisinger

Series I Cantrails

Hi Jason- well, they must not work as the part numbers for SI and SII are different and they look a little different in the picture in the parts manual.
  3. Bill Eisinger

Series I Cantrails

I’ve seen some discussion that Cantrails didn’t arrive until the SII but Plate D - Section YV and the parts list show them…Part #187, left and right. I of course need them along with the associated brackets and spring clips. Anybody out there with some?
  4. Bill Eisinger

The Journey Begins - Series I V6 Restomod

Floor heat comes directly out of the heater box itself...it will vent out through back of the console near the firewall.
  5. Bill Eisinger

I assume you are referring to Heat/AC vents?....using cylindrical vents sourced from Old Air Products...2 under the dash and 2 in the console...defrost vents are stock. The condensor that I settled on is 18" x 12"...the size was selected primarily based on being able to install/remove it from...
  6. Bill Eisinger

Another modest step forward…decided to install the headliner in the hard top before painting it as it’s easier to protect the head liner during the painting process rather than trying to protect the paint while installing the head liner. The dark blue is going to match up nicely with the rest of...
  7. Bill Eisinger

It’s been too long since I’ve been able to post any progress reports…this just shows that my upholstery guy has finally gotten started….
  8. Bill Eisinger

recommended alternator SV w/2.8 V6

There’s nothing original about my my project except some of the sheet metal…:)
  9. Bill Eisinger

recommended alternator SV w/2.8 V6

I'm using a Motorcraft 3G alternator. It puts out about 50 amps more than the Delco and also works with Dan's bracket set-up.
  10. Bill Eisinger

Copper flare washers for leaky brake lines

I used the copper-alloy tubing on my SI V6 conversion project…first time I ever used it and I thought it was great. For whatever reason, I didn’t have much trouble making the bends…I think it depends on the type of tool you use…the larger the barrel, the better. I did try to use a crimper style...
  11. Bill Eisinger

THE HOLY GRAIL SUNBEAM TIGER!! (Dennis Collins)

I can’t believe he lives in my neck of the woods and I missed those cars…I’m really a Mustang guy any way so I’ll go check out his Shelby if I can…fyi, ‘66 GT350H’s had auto trans as stock since they were Hertz rental cars…Bret has apparently put the stock engine and trans aside in lieu of a...
  12. Bill Eisinger

Alternator replacement recommendations

I’m using a Ford 3G single wire alternator in my SI V6 conversion project. It’s available from a number of sources. At this point, I only have minutes (not hours) of engine running time but it’s working great so far.
  13. Bill Eisinger

Door Closing Pads

Even though that pad wasn't used on the early series cars I wonder if it would fit...seems like a good idea to prevent paint chippings, door rattle, etc...anybody know?
  14. Bill Eisinger

Any body know anything about: Megajolt/E

Dan-on the surface the Holley Terminator X with a throttle body EFI may ultimately look to be a workable solution but I suspect it may take some programming to work with a 6 cylinder engine…not sure but I doubt that’s a user specified option and may have to be done by Holley (if they will do it...
  15. Bill Eisinger

Any body know anything about: Megajolt/E

Dan- Holley has an excellent tech forum to help with Sniper EFI questions. The administrator is named Danny Cabral and he is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I was able to get many of my questions answered via that forum. Here is the link to the Holley forum...
  16. Bill Eisinger

Boise Area FB Market Place Early Series

Not sure why the link comes up in Spanish but the ad is in English
  17. Bill Eisinger

Boise Area FB Market Place Early Series

Not sure if it’s a SII-or SIII but not a bad looking car…price might be on the high side but after going through (and still going) the restoration of an SI, it seems pretty good to me! https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/911508749871343/?mibextid=6ojiHh
  18. Bill Eisinger

Stainless Steel Bumper (later models)

My local chrome shop did both bumpers for about $800 just a year or so ago…they did a large batch of parts for me so maybe I got a “cheaper by the dozen” rate but the price for the bumpers was in line with what DanR experienced.
  19. Bill Eisinger

Dash Pad Installation

What are the specs for SI-II screws?…the parts manual lists BA screws but I’m not familiar with that designation.
  20. Bill Eisinger

Yesterday was the first test with a running engine and the two pushers…all seemed to work great.