• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. BERNARD ROSE

On the road again

I picked up my Series 2 '61 Alpine from my mechanic friend today, and it should be good to go for the season. During the winter, I installed a trunk rack, had the gas tank refurbished and had the car in the body shop to repair the floor of the trunk to properly support the gas tank. Then it was...
  2. BERNARD ROSE

Shipping costs

We have all had problems with high shipping costs, especially for ordering parts to be shipped to Canada from the US. I live close to the US border, so I have the advantage of having parts shipped to my USPS box or to a drop off address in the US. This does not work with the border closed. I...
  3. BERNARD ROSE

Alpine Series 2 Fuel Sender unit

Looking for a replacement sender unit for my '61 Alpine Series 2. I had the tank refurbished last fall, and when I unwrapped it to reinstall it, I realized that the unit was gone. I realize that Sports and Classics offer one that fits, but they are not good at returning messages, and I thought I...
  4. BERNARD ROSE

S5 - Mysterious hole

My friend just acquired and is rebuilding a '67 Alpine. On the inside of the rocker panel, near the front corner under the seat, on each side is a 1/2 inch hole. Does anyone have an idea of the purpose of this hole? I have two photos, but don' know how to add them to the post. I can email them...
  5. BERNARD ROSE

Hard starting ...sometimes!

196alpine 1 S
  6. BERNARD ROSE

Bristol Motorcar Festival 2019

Carolyn and I will be attending with our '61 Sunbeam on June 7th & 8th, and I am wondering if anyone else from the club is attending. We've never been, but it seems to be a good event, and in a good area. We'll be part of the "lost highways tour" on Friday, and take in the local flavours and...
  7. BERNARD ROSE

Tracking width

I just purchased a car hauler, and it needs some modifications to accomodate the car. My '61 serie II is currently not currentle accessible, and I need to know the tracking width of the wheels. I realize there is a negligible difference from back to front, but can anyone post this for me. Thank you.
  8. BERNARD ROSE

The Great Race, 2018 Edition

FYI, this year's edition of Hemmings' Great Race leaves from the Pierce Arrow Museum in Buffalo NY on June 23rd to finish in Halifax, NS on Canada Day, July 1st. One of the nightly stopovers will be in Burlington VT on Monday, June 25th...I plan to be in Burlington to meet and greet the...