• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. BERNARD ROSE

stowing soft top for hard top installation

That's the main reason my soft top still looks like new...I rarely use it.
  2. BERNARD ROSE

Better Instrument Bulbs

Same with me. Very happy with Joe's LED lights for the instrument panel.
  3. BERNARD ROSE

My Other Car Is…

"My other car is boring"
  4. BERNARD ROSE

On the road again

In our case it was Pfizer. We received our first vaccine at McGill University Hospital on March 12th, and like everyone else in Canada in our age group (over 70), the second Pfizer vaccine is scheduled for 15-16 weeks later. They gave us the paper with the date and time when we received our...
  5. BERNARD ROSE

On the road again

Oh well. Guess we'll stay closer to home.
  6. BERNARD ROSE

On the road again

We had the Pfizer vaccine at the end of March, next shot scheduled July 2nd.
  7. BERNARD ROSE

On the road again

I picked up my Series 2 '61 Alpine from my mechanic friend today, and it should be good to go for the season. During the winter, I installed a trunk rack, had the gas tank refurbished and had the car in the body shop to repair the floor of the trunk to properly support the gas tank. Then it was...
  8. BERNARD ROSE

SUNI Sunbeams United International 2021 info

Our refundable hotel room is reserved, and we are hoping it's a go. I've inquired with the committee to find out if the payment for our registration will be refunded if the event is a go, but the border is still closed at that time, and waiting for an answer. Hope it works because it will be...
  9. BERNARD ROSE

Sunbeam Owners in Canada

Welcome to the group. The Forum is a good source of information, and the members have a wealth of experience that they are willing to share, and some spare parts and pieces for fellow Rootes enthusiasts.
  10. BERNARD ROSE

Shipping costs

We have all had problems with high shipping costs, especially for ordering parts to be shipped to Canada from the US. I live close to the US border, so I have the advantage of having parts shipped to my USPS box or to a drop off address in the US. This does not work with the border closed. I...
  11. BERNARD ROSE

Alpine Series 2 Fuel Sender unit

That what I'll probably do. Does it come with the gasket? In my case, I am in Canada, and it takes longer, and the brokerage fees can be very high. I have a US post office box, but the border is closed so I don't have access.
  12. BERNARD ROSE

Alpine Series 2 Fuel Sender unit

Looking for a replacement sender unit for my '61 Alpine Series 2. I had the tank refurbished last fall, and when I unwrapped it to reinstall it, I realized that the unit was gone. I realize that Sports and Classics offer one that fits, but they are not good at returning messages, and I thought I...
  13. BERNARD ROSE

Sunbeam Owners in Canada

My 1961 Series 2 has had a lot of work done this winter, including cleaning and resealing the gas tank, and repairing the trunk floor to support the tank properly. The engine needed work so I had the head redone and am replacing valves and guides. I also got new LED lights for the dashboard, and...
  14. BERNARD ROSE

Rootes Logo on ash tray lid

My S2 '61 does not have an ash tray. Where was it mounted?
  15. BERNARD ROSE

Long Stem Side Mirrors

Mine are #2, but they are mounted out on the front fender. They give a very good view of what's coming up behind. The only bad point is that you have to always check the view before you drive off, because they are prone to being misaligned by some inadvertent nudge by a "passerby".
  16. BERNARD ROSE

looking for driving light mount

I would also like to find good brackets for driving lights. I had some on an earlier car, but they were not sturdy enough, and the lights were shaking when I drove at night, and it was annoying. I would prefer bumper brackets rather than using a badge bar.
  17. BERNARD ROSE

S1 gas tank removal

Mine is a Series 2, and I have to remove the tank for restoration. My problems started last year, when I noticed a gas smell, especially when the tank was full. When I checked I could see some fuel on the top side of the tank where the filler pipe goes into the tank. The local auto parts store...
  18. BERNARD ROSE

Door window

Well, it's now two years, and I finally got to the window mechanism today. I did speak to the former owner, and he was surprised that I was having a problem. I took the window handle off and the door pull, but struggled with the door handle, because I could not get the little locking pin to come...
  19. BERNARD ROSE

Virtual Sunbeam Invasion 2020

I wanted to go but had to cancel because my computer was not working, and it would have been hard to make the trip using my phone. I would've brought my Series 2 Alpine...maybe next year.