• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. J

Free...rims

I have 4 complete 13 inch wheels from my Series iv. Complete with center caps and chrome rings. Free.. I don't need them anymore. Located in Lebanon , New Jersey and I do not want to get into shipping. let me know... E mail me at Eggertj@comcast.net
  2. J

Electric pusher fan

Does anyone have an electric pusher fan on the radiator? I am thinking of installing one to help my Alpine when the weather is hot and the traffic slows me down. Usually the car runs with no problems. If you are, can you share which one you installed. Many thanks
  3. J

heater valve

The inside of my Alpine get unbearable hot during hot days. I have the floors covered in heat resistant material and the holes in the firewall plugged. I am thinking of removing the water valve to prevent any water going to the heater. I assume that it is working but it gets very hot inside. Any...
  4. J

wheels follow up

After my last post, it has come to my attention that I never posted any pictures of my new wheels. So sorry. Again, these are from VTO wheels and I purchased the 13 inch. The offset was perfect and they are a pleasure to do businness with. No..I have no affiliation with them..just a decent company
  5. J

wheel update

Here is a follow up to my post on what wheels to put on my Series iv. After a lot of thought, I went with John Brown Wheels from England. That is the good news, now the bad. After waiting for some time, I called and found out that my wheels are on the ship being held for ransom in the Suez...
  6. J

New rims?

I am toying with the idea of changing the rims on my 1965 Series IV. Right now they are the original 13 inch sloted rims and I was thinking of Maybe Panasport. I do not want to change the size to a 14 or 15, just keep the same new tires. Any suggestions? Anyone have a set they want to part with...
  7. J

wind deflector

Has anyone retro fitted a rear seat wind delector? I put on visors this year and it helped some with the wind but I would like to mount the one behind the seats. Has anyone done this? and if so, which one worked for you. Many thanks and stay safe....
  8. J

looking for driving light mount

Does anyone have or know where I can purchase mounts for driving lights for a SeriesIV? I did see the ones that attach to the hood brackets or even a special mount that attaches to behind the bumper. I think the lights look good on an Alpine if they are not oversized. Anybody?
  9. J

Sun Visor help

I am trying to locate sun visors and brackets for my Series IV. Just today I called Sunbeam Specialties to order them and found out they no longer carry them. It appears that their supplier destroyed the casting. Go figure!! Does anyone out there have the complete brackets and visors that they...
  10. J

Speedo help

My speedometer has never worked so I am trying to fix it. First, I disconnected the cable from the transmission and attached it to my drill. Yes...the speedo works. Now I went to pull the gear out of the tranny, removed two small bolts but that is about as far as I got. I can't figure out how to...
  11. J

dizzy help

Can someone help to understand what the knob on the side of the dizzy does and how does it work? I am about to change the points, condenser and rotor and I am try to understand this?
  12. J

Spare tire

Just about to get on the road after putting my Sunbeam back together and I now realize that I do not have a spare tire. Does anyone have a 13" rim and tire for a Series IV they want to part with??? I live in NJ and any help would be appreciated.
  13. J

Hot start problem

I took the car out for it's first trip since I got it on the road. I ran wonderful and the temp stayed slightly above the middle on the gauge. I was pretty hot out side. The problem came when I shut it off. It would not start up again. I tried starting fluid..nothing. In a 1/2 hr it did start...
  14. J

cantrails....series iv ???

Does a Series iv have cantrails or not for the soft top? I read that only earlier models have them. I just ordered a new top from Robbins and I am worried that I don't have these. Any help would be appreciated. Also, anyone know of a good soft top installer in NJ??
  15. J

Glove box surround ?

Does anyone know where to get a glove box surround for a Series iv with a wood dash? I looked in the SS catalog but I do not see it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. JerseyJoe
  16. J

Steering Wheel column cover

Does anyone have the metal U shape piece the holds the two steering column covers in place. It is for a series iv. It is on the inside of the covers and screws to one side and the other cover screws to it. Anyone? Please? Thank you...Joe
  17. J

Carpet Help..please

OK..I am about to start the interior part my Series iv..The question is who sells the best carpet kit? The prices are all over the place. I have seen prices from Sunbeam Specialties for $365,, Prestige Auto for $249, Classic Sunbeam for $330...etc. I want a decent carpet with the edges sewn, Cut...
  18. J

steering column help

I am getting close to starting the interior and the next item is to replace the ugly after market steering wheel that came with the car. The car is a 65 series iv and I am not sure what is or is not an adjustable steering column. Should I be aware of this when i look for a new wheel? Does my car...
  19. J

seat help..

I am doing a Series iv Alpine and I just removed the Miata seats that were in the car. I like the look of the original seats. I just picked up a pair of Series V seats and now comes the question. There is an obvious dip in the rear of the floor pans and the "new seats " will not be level. Did...
  20. J

New member ,,question

Hi All, I just picked up a Series iv that was started but needs to be finished. Really a nice car and I am learning everyday. The motor is rebuilt and the body and paint are finished, now on to the last items. I finished installing a new wood dash and currently putting the trim around the...