• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 6

Source for Rebuilding Series II Oil pump

I recently purchased the oil pump rebuild kit from Rootes Part Service Holland for the 1592 engine. Does anyone know of a reputable shop that is familiar with rebuilding these? I'm told that the pump can be removed from the engine while in the car (remove the sump, etc.) Appears to be a...
  2. 6

Bad Oil pressure gauge? Series II

How can you test an oil pressure gauge? Simply by applying air pressure? Do these gauges fail often? Do they need to be serviced? cleaned out?
  3. 6

Series V Alternator bracket needed

Need for a generator to alternator conversion on a Ser. II.
  4. 6

Fuel gauge not working

I converted my Series II to negative ground recently and thought everything went really well until I noticed my fuel gauge is no longer working. Checked all the connections. The gauge light works but the needle is not moving. By changing to negative ground, does that effect the sending unit...
  5. 6

Series II Seat foam recommendations

My seat foam is disintegrating, badly. I've looked around for replacement seat foam for a Series II with no luck. Does anyone make them? Anyone had any experience replacing the seat foam? Is it possible to cut/shape replacement foam or is this something best left for professionals? Seat...
  6. 6

Hub Puller Needed - Denver area

If it ain't one thing, it's another....Thought I had a leaking brake cylinder, but nooooo. Have a leak on the right rear axle. I've read many threads and watched the video on the Alpine channel (great video). Appears my oil seal is shot. So, wonder if there is anybody in the Denver area...
  7. 6

3 point Seat Belts

I have a Series II and want to add a three point seat belt system. Looking for information on proper, safe mounting locations. Currently I just have lap belts. Not even sure if the mounting locations are correct. I've found different holes in the floor pan that indicates they were moved...
  8. 6

Series II Convertible Top Installation

Looking for some pics of a properly installed convertible top on the Series II. Particularly, how the top is mounted along the sides, inside the side covers. According to the owners manual, the sides fold up when the top is taken down. Wondering how the sides are anchored to allow for them to...
  9. 6

Series II Steel Wheel needed

I'm looking for a steel wheel for my Series II. Need it for a spare tire.
  10. 6

Zenith carb leaking air

I have a 62 Series II with the Zenith WIP carbs. Having an issue with the second carb. Using a Unisyn tool, front carb is fine, back carb not registering much air flow. I've check gaskets, mountings, etc. No air leaks that I can see. Not too long ago they were both fine. Suggestions...
  11. 6

Series II A post Windshield Seal

Thought I'd revisit a topic from a couple years ago. I'm still searching for a good weatherstrip seal for my Series II. It's the seal on the side of the windshield. The original fit within a channel on a metal strip and was screwed to the side of the windshield. Have never seen anything like...
  12. 6

Series 11 Engine Block Drain valve and tube

I noticed the other day while working on my car that the engine block drain tube had cracked at the base of the nut on engine block. While taking it off it pretty much fell apart. Does anyone know of a replacement? Looks like 1/4 copper tubing with a drain valve at one end. Appreciate your...
  13. 6

Need guidance Installing a Tonneau cover

Anyone out there familiar with installing a tonneau cover on a Series II? Looking for advice. Where is the best place to start? How tight should it fit? What works, what doesn't, Do's and Don'ts, etc. Special tools?
  14. 6

Spare Tire Strap on Series II

I'm looking help concerning the spare tire hold down strap on the Series II. The one off my car is in bad shape and maybe missing parts (metal clip? buckle?). Not exactly sure how it is attached. One end of the strap the loop is torn and appears to be missing a clip or buckle? Or, does the...
  15. 6

Series II Trunk clips configuration

Looking for pictures/guidance on the proper location of all the clips in the boot of the Series II. Also, looking for pics on the proper placement of the jack stand, etc. Been going through pics but not finding any. Thanks
  16. 6

Series II Hardtop Plexiglas

I have a Series II hardtop with a broken plexiglas window. Anyone know where I can get a replacement? I figure its going to have to be custom made.
  17. 6

Replacement fuel line

Recently finished cleaning out and resealing the gas tank on my SII. Pulled the steel fuel lines and they are a mess. Badly corroded, gunked up, etc. Thinking of replacing with a rubber line. Good idea? Or should I go back to steel?
  18. 6

Restoring Series II gas tank

Looking for recommendations on the best way to thoroughly clean/restore a Series II gas tank. Many years ago I had it cleaned out and put in the Eastwood gas tank sealer system, but it subsequently failed.
  19. 6

Hardtop Restoration question

Was lucky enough to find a complete hardtop for a Series II that I'm now restoring. Question - when I removed the old headliner, the interior of the shell was coated in a black tar-ish looking material. It was thin and came off easily with paint remover. Any suggestions for a sound deadening...
  20. 6

Recommendation for wiring harness

Thinking of replacing my wiring harness. Just read an article of a Triumph that went up in flames due to a short in an old wiring harness. Any recommendation for sources?