• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. BritsUpNorth

Starting Issue: No spark at all

Hello, Ran into a weird issue this afternoon while working on my Alpine. The car is a bit of a basket case and I'm currently sorting out the electrical system - today's project: the tachometer. I got the tach working, albeit is works backwards . . . but that is another issue I'll have to deal...
  2. BritsUpNorth

SV Wiring Diagram?

Hello all, I'm just getting ready to put a new wiring harness into my SV and I'm having one hell of a time tracking down a wiring diagram. Does anyone have one they can direct me to/ send me? Thanks in advance, Ed
  3. BritsUpNorth

Replacement Seat Recommendations

Hello all, One of the (many) tasks I need to perform in order to get my '66 Alpine on the road is to get a functioning set of seats installed. My originals are pretty beat up, and I find them to be real back-breakers - so I'm looking to replace rather than restore them. I've heard some people...
  4. BritsUpNorth

Switching from an ammeter to a voltmeter

Hello all, I'm getting ready to install a new wiring harness in my '66 Alpine, and one of the improvements I'd like to make is to switch out the ammeter for a voltmeter. The only problem is that electrical work isn't my strongest suit. My question is whether this job is just a simple...
  5. BritsUpNorth

Replacement Wiring Harness

Hello all, I'm looking to replace the wiring harness in my '66 SV. I'm thinking of picking one from Advance Auto Wire as I'm also planning on re-wiring my TR6 and AAW is highly recommended in Triumph circles. Does anyone here have any experience with the AAW harness for the Alpine? Also, I'd...
  6. BritsUpNorth

Need a Master Brake Cylinder Spacer

Subject pretty much says it all - I need a spacer if someone has an extra. Let me know if you have one and what you'd want for it. Thanks. Ed
  7. BritsUpNorth

Master Brake Cylinder Spacer?

Hello all, I'm trying to get a new master brake cylinder installed on my SV Alpine, which seems to be a fairly straight forward job according to the shop manual apart from one detail - I keep coming across oblique references to a spacer, which I assume will go between the cylinder and the...
  8. BritsUpNorth

Getting started . . .

Hello all, I finally purchased my first Alpine this spring - a 1966 Alpine V. The car runs, though it has been sitting for some time. The body is fair, though I do fear the quality of some of the sill work that was done previously. Mechanically, I know the car needs a master brake...