• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Aladin Sane

Nice '66 Alpine on Craigslist...

It's not bad, but I doubt it will bring that money.
  2. Aladin Sane

Fitting a Tiger front crossmember

I have an MGB rack mounted in roughly the tiger fashion. I used a jegs tilt column. Since it has a 2" diameter shaft, I had to modify the drop bracket and added a sphere mount on the firewall. Then like Bill said, two ujoints and you are done.
  3. Aladin Sane

Gauging interest for the Invasion at the Mad Dogs and Englishmen show in Michigan July 12-14

I would love to attend, but currently my schedule is to be relocated to the UK about then. I have been to the museum before, but not for a show.
  4. Aladin Sane

Leading or trailing caliper: Any difference?

In a quick non scientific survey of the parking lot at my office, all the rear calipers were behind the axle. The fronts were a mix of some in front and some behind.
  5. Aladin Sane

Difference between an Alpine and a Tiger in the Engine Compartment

Well that would for sure be a different engine swap.
  6. Aladin Sane

I think the answer is "it does not make a meaningful difference".
  7. Aladin Sane

I didn't use the alpine parking brake rods. I used modern flexible cables that would have allowed installation in any location around the axle. I used a modified version of Dan's conversion kit. These are installed on a Dana axle, hence the need for some modifications.
  8. Aladin Sane

When I added rear disc brakes to my project, I put them behind the axle. Right or wrong.
  9. Aladin Sane

What color should I paint my Tiger?

I'm partial to a dark blue. Without the stripes in your case.
  10. Aladin Sane

Sunbeam 2000 build

Better hurry, it looks like more rain headed your way.
  11. Aladin Sane

2024 Club Calendar Monthly Car Articles

I had a great relationship with my father, but cars were not part of it. That came more from my moms side of the family.
  12. Aladin Sane

How I used My Sunbeam Owner Medallion

Nice work on the grill and badge mounting. I mounted mine on my eggcrate grill.
  13. Aladin Sane

License plate light bracket color

My friend DanR made me a combination lamp holder/license plate bracket. It appears to be from stainless sheet. I would wager he could make another.;)
  14. Aladin Sane

The Journey Begins - Series I V6 Restomod

I'm lucky when I can get half a day in the garage on a weekend. Slow slow progress, and my relocation to the UK is going to be here very soon. Right now, that looks like early July. Prep for that trip will also limit garage time.
  15. Aladin Sane

The Journey Begins - Series I V6 Restomod

I know how time can slip away.
  16. Aladin Sane

Size of stock Alpine rear axle.

Toward the starboard side. Fyi, I have a series V rear end less the shock mounts and spring perches. Anyone interested in having it? I wont ship it, so you would have to come to Iowa to collect it.
  17. Aladin Sane

2024 Calendar

I got mine delivered today. Thank you for all the hard work that goes into this.
  18. Aladin Sane

Three point seat belt for Alpine

That is the main reason I installed a roll bar. I just noticed I had the passenger seat installed on the drivers side for that test shot.
  19. Aladin Sane

video = Humber Septer

I for one was not aware of the function of the dimable indicator lights. I will have to check and see if I have them installed correctly.