• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. sd_pace

Atlanta British Car Event Sept 9, 2023

I am going to be there Dan will you bring the steering gear we talked about.... last show this year for me before a tear down repair
  2. sd_pace

V6 conversion bell housing

there is a tapered pin through the shaft holding the throw arm in place
  3. sd_pace

Cam Shaft Recomendations

I think you advanced the cam right out and made it run mushy to produce a vacuum
  4. sd_pace

Power Steering Failure

Jim, there was plenty of grease in the box I wiped some out to investigate, I felt a crunch while turning left, then it went sloppy, as I stopped at the stop sign a block down the street it stop working. My thoughts its a metal fatigue on the edge of the shaft screw as it goes completely...
  5. sd_pace

Power Steering Failure

So I ran into the problem that my steering failed on me luckily at a stop sign. I am not sure what happened but I towed it home and tore it down to find out why. Here is what I found, the lithium looked well used, and a few bearings were missing some of the large bearings had split in...
  6. sd_pace

Sad news re: a former member

I am without words, he was an amazing mechanic and friend, I learned so much from him.
  7. sd_pace

A cruise-in type event for May 15 , 2021

Well ya know I will be there, I have no where else to be.... and I had my shots too!
  8. sd_pace

Alpine in Glendale CA OUCH!!!!

Probably removed the windows when the covered up the valance holes
  9. sd_pace

coolant

just because you raise the boiling temp does not mean it runs cooler. I used the Evans coolant for a while and yes it never boiled over but it ran over 220 on a 95 degree day, in my opinion that is to hot to run correctly on a motor that is made to run at 190 degrees
  10. sd_pace

Front Coil Springs

I have a set of s5 springs clean painted and ready to go
  11. sd_pace

Happy Birthday V6 Jose!

Happy B-Day Jose, I still look at your old car all the time ... hang in there buddy
  12. sd_pace

Now for something just a little bit different...

here's my monster
  13. sd_pace

Harbor Freight Jack Stands Recalled

think I have some "great"
  14. sd_pace

Vents

Mike these are the vents that have a surrounds
  15. sd_pace

Vents

I put a set in a while back, made a tunnel from the engine bay and added little fans to pull the heat out, it helped a lot
  16. sd_pace

Virtual Sunbeam Invasion 2020

OK! I am here now sitting at the invasion having a beer great weather too! 1st Alpine - Steve Pace V6 2nd Alpine - DanR V6 3rd Alpine - Bill Blue Duratec 4th Alpine - Greggers V6
  17. sd_pace

V6 conversion

heres the kit
  18. sd_pace

What are these? Tappet cover bolts.

why hell, those are for the hood gas lifts right
  19. sd_pace

V6 conversion

Jack.. I have a Jose kit and Dennis fan I am sure I can work something out with ya
  20. sd_pace

Sunbeam Invasion CANCELLED!!!

Well its time for the SOS and I am ready to go! see ya all there