• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

Vehicle Numbers

Great intel! Reminds me of an old quote by Ken Blanchard: "No one of us is as smart as all of us" I'm really excited about how much information is available regarding this niche vehicle series. Thanks, Shawn
  2. S

Vehicle Numbers

Don, also, you seem to be an encyclopedia on the Hillman Super Minx! Thank you for assisting me understanding my Estate. This is my second classic and my first Rootes/European vehicle. Hopefully I can one day help others and perhaps be an active participant in the SAOCA community. Thanks...
  3. S

Vehicle Numbers

OMG! Don, I have spotted a few numbers on the block. On passenger side, it is stamped, B 1326575 with HLUX just above it. This would be a confirmed match! On the other side of the block top above the headers is two stamps; one H3 and on other side of bolt is SC. Down below on the block and...
  4. S

Vehicle Numbers

I have found 3 tags under the hood on the front of the radiator support. I believe the right tag of the other two is the vehicle ID. Left column from top down is "B" "57" "8" middle section has 1 set of numbers, "1326575 H" and third column has 2 sets "LUX" and "SB". Can someone help decipher...
  5. S

The "Estate" is home!

I do have plans! I have a small fortune worth of parts that came with the car which I'll upload to my photobucket. The interior is all present and in decent condition. I think I will simply install the radiator and add the battery and see where that takes me. I initially was prepared for an...
  6. S

The "Estate" is home!

1963 Super Minx Estate :cool: Ah, my endeavor begins. :p I will be scrolling the forums to better understand the lessons already learned and shared. I'm excited to build this beauty for my good wife. Any and all input is welcomed. Thanks, Shawn